Question Making a Tv stand with built in speakers

thomas4204

Commendable
Dec 24, 2018
I was thinking and i want to build a tv stand, but have speakers built in,( Subs mids and tweeters ). i have decent woodworking skills so building it all shouldn't be hard. I was curious if there is any flaws that i need to look over or if there is people that have already done it succefully. I was planning on using skar audio stuff with a converter for powering it all.

kanewolf

Titan
I was thinking and i want to build a tv stand, but have speakers built in,( Subs mids and tweeters ). i have decent woodworking skills so building it all shouldn't be hard. I was curious if there is any flaws that i need to look over or if there is people that have already done it succefully. I was planning on using skar audio stuff with a converter for powering it all.
TVs can't drive speakers easily. You also need amps. Subs require much higher wattage than smaller speakers.
I wouldn't put the sub(s) in the TV cart. Low frequency sound is not directional and they will add a lot of weight to the cart.
Quality birch plywood can be used for your cabinet.

thomas4204

Commendable
Dec 24, 2018
TVs can't drive speakers easily. You also need amps. Subs require much higher wattage than smaller speakers.
I wouldn't put the sub(s) in the TV cart. Low frequency sound is not directional and they will add a lot of weight to the cart.
Quality birch plywood can be used for your cabinet.
I was planning on using a 120v to 12v converter for the amps and then building part of the cabinet a subwoofer box with a port facing to the side with subs downfiring. I should have mentioned, its more of just a thing to set a xbox ect on. The tv will most likely be wall mounted

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I was planning on using a 120v to 12v converter for the amps and then building part of the cabinet a subwoofer box with a port off to the side with subs downfiring. I should have mentioned, its more of just a thing to set a xbox ect on. The tv will most likely be wall mounted
So you are going to use car amps? Car sub amps use the HUGE instantaneous amperage available with a battery augmented by large capacitors.
Can it be done? Yeah. Is it trivial? Not in my opinion.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS