I want to know how to format or what type of cd am I making if I want to copy
a game onto a cd disc. What is it a data cd ,music cd, mixed-mode cd,
enhanced cd , or bootable cd? Or a photo or video cd? I don't know? I once
burned a cd of the game diablo. I just put diablo in the top cd drive and a
blank disc in the cd burner. That was on a compaq 5000 A series computer. I'm
using a Dell 8300 and Easy CD Creator 5 or I can use windows media player.
All the options I've given have been from the former program Easy CD Creator
5. I don't want to waste a brand new cd. These cds are CD-R 650MB 74 min I
know from taking the class windows xp that 80 minute CD-R discs are audio?
and the other oh yeah data cds ok I remember now Ok that's a mouthfull

Thanks Daniel

--
attilathehun1

Hi
You should burn it as data CD. Music Cd i when you burn some MP3 for
example, for your car cd-player which don't support this music format.
There is no rule when you write cd's (I mean that you can write anything on
cd's of 650 MB or higher- movies, music files and so and so). There are no
cd's just for music or data.

regards

"attilathehun1" wrote:

> I want to know how to format or what type of cd am I making if I want to copy
> a game onto a cd disc. What is it a data cd ,music cd, mixed-mode cd,
> enhanced cd , or bootable cd? Or a photo or video cd? I don't know? I once
> burned a cd of the game diablo. I just put diablo in the top cd drive and a
> blank disc in the cd burner. That was on a compaq 5000 A series computer. I'm
> using a Dell 8300 and Easy CD Creator 5 or I can use windows media player.
> All the options I've given have been from the former program Easy CD Creator
> 5. I don't want to waste a brand new cd. These cds are CD-R 650MB 74 min I
> know from taking the class windows xp that 80 minute CD-R discs are audio?
> and the other oh yeah data cds ok I remember now Ok that's a mouthfull
>
> Thanks Daniel
>
> --
> attilathehun1

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

attilathehun1 wrote:
> I want to know how to format or what type of cd am I making if I want to copy
> a game onto a cd disc. What is it a data cd ,music cd, mixed-mode cd,
> enhanced cd , or bootable cd? Or a photo or video cd? I don't know? I once
> burned a cd of the game diablo. I just put diablo in the top cd drive and a
> blank disc in the cd burner. That was on a compaq 5000 A series computer. I'm
> using a Dell 8300 and Easy CD Creator 5 or I can use windows media player.
> All the options I've given have been from the former program Easy CD Creator
> 5. I don't want to waste a brand new cd. These cds are CD-R 650MB 74 min I
> know from taking the class windows xp that 80 minute CD-R discs are audio?
> and the other oh yeah data cds ok I remember now Ok that's a mouthfull
>
> Thanks Daniel

It has to be a data disk. It is unlikely to work as games CDs are
protected as an anti-piracy measure. If you really need to copy
protected content CDs you are going to need 3rd party software like the
blindread/blindwrite suite.

In addition you will probably need 80min 700MB CDs too.

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making