[SOLVED] Making A WIFI Repeater form ADSL Router

kazica

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012
I have a primary FTTH Huwaei Router model HG8245 H whose ip address is 192.168.100.1. And similarly my old ADSL Digicom router whose ip address is 192.168.1.1. I want to make the ADSL router as a WIFI Repeater but i cannot configure theIP adress of the Digicom Router (model no. 2A204M). As in Youtube videos it is suggested that secondary router address has to changed to 192.168.1.2 and Disable DHCP server which i did but still cannot connect. Andt here is no WDS mode.

Huwaei Router has ip address 192.168.100.1 and Digicom has 192.168.1.1. In YouTube videos i watched it is suggested that i change the ip address of the repeater which is is Digicom to 192.168.1.2. I did that tooand disabled the DHCP server too but no connection in the Digicom Router.

What IP address or How can i make the Digicom Router as a extender wifi repeater.

Solution
How do you connect the 2 routers together. If you use a ethernet cable then you made some simple mistake because this is using the dsl router as a AP which should work.

If you want to connect between the 2 routers via a wireless connection. That will only work if the adsl router has a repeater function. Once of the requirements is WDS support but that is only part of it. Most ADSL routers do not have a repeater function. Not much you can do if the device does not have the feature, with DSL devices it is also highly unlikely you will find third party firmware.

If it actually does have a repeater function you need to read the manual how to set it up. You may also have to allow it in the huawei router since many router...

RealBeast

Titan
While I am not specifically familiar with that model, most older DSL modems cannot be used as an AP. If it can, it would need an LAN to LAN connection to the primary router, DHCP off, and an address that is in the main router network range but not in its DHCP assignment range (so it needs to be static).

And I've not found any without WDS that could be used as a wireless extender, which are too slow to be of much use anyway.

You would be much better off with a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters where the distant adapter has built in wireless.

kazica

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012
The IP address of the modem I am going to connect is 192.168.100.1, What should be the Access Point IP address. ( default is 192.168.1.1) and when i change that to 192.168.100.2 it doesn't work at all. says ur ip address of the machine is not ...

How do you connect the 2 routers together. If you use a ethernet cable then you made some simple mistake because this is using the dsl router as a AP which should work.

If you want to connect between the 2 routers via a wireless connection. That will only work if the adsl router has a repeater function. Once of the requirements is WDS support but that is only part of it. Most ADSL routers do not have a repeater function. Not much you can do if the device does not have the feature, with DSL devices it is also highly unlikely you will find third party firmware.

If it actually does have a repeater function you need to read the manual how to set it up. You may also have to allow it in the huawei router since many router consider WDS/repeater ability a security exposure.

Solution