Making android app/games, which language should i learn for beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marika_1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
Im planning to learn programming for fun. If i got the talent, i will probably change my path. My dream is to work in a big game company but forget about that...i dont even know the basic now.
I did quite some research here and there, and decided to learn to make game for android which i think its MUCH more easier than pc games. People recommend to start with Python or JavaScript for beginner.

Some website said Python is for science statistics, some said its for game and statistics. JavaScript, some said its for game, some said its for web/web game development. Some even said i should learn html for android games, but isnt html something for website...? Gosh im so confused.

So should i learn Python or JavaScript for the basic for making android games? Maybe i should learn both but which first?

Solution
VB (Visual Basic) is a good starter as has been mentioned.

However, I recommend that you try Scratch 2.0 via MIT or Python.

https://scratch.mit.edu/

Scratch 2.0 (free) may seem very simplistic and for kids until you try to do some real project.

And there are some very basic Python books that will quickly get you started into programming.

Check a book store or library. Or look for online tutorials.

MIT's Scratch site has quite a bit of information available. Again - free which is good if you just want to test the waters without spending money.

However both are very workable for beginning programmers and Scratch 2.0 will force some very disciplined logic on you.

And the code you use is just syntax. The real effort is the...

4745454b

Titan
Do you know anything about programming? If you've never programmed anything ever I'd start with simple things. HTML will get some concepts into you, but it is more geared to websites. My first "real" language was VB. VB or Java is where I'd start.

Ralston18

Titan
VB (Visual Basic) is a good starter as has been mentioned.

However, I recommend that you try Scratch 2.0 via MIT or Python.

https://scratch.mit.edu/

Scratch 2.0 (free) may seem very simplistic and for kids until you try to do some real project.

And there are some very basic Python books that will quickly get you started into programming.

Check a book store or library. Or look for online tutorials.

MIT's Scratch site has quite a bit of information available. Again - free which is good if you just want to test the waters without spending money.

However both are very workable for beginning programmers and Scratch 2.0 will force some very disciplined logic on you.

And the code you use is just syntax. The real effort is the design and logic you must apply to get the code to do whatever is necessary by the requirements of the program.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.