Making cdrw's work in a normal cd player??

G

I was just wondering if anyone knows of how to make a cdrw work in a normal cd-player..
I heard that if you format it with a certain filesys then put the audio on it works but this mite be bs.
Thanx

My other sig is thought provolking and interesting.(And spelt corectly:eek:)

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As far as I know it doesn't have anything to do with the file system. The surface of the RWs has a different reflectivity (lower?) than regular CDs or CDRs. If a CD player isn't designed to read RWs, nothing you can do will make it work.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

I thought that.. but im gonna follow up +experiment with various formats etc neway.
Tho i think that myself..(about the cdrw's just not being able to work in normal cd players..)

Cheers bdaley! If anyone knows otherwise plz post!

My other sig is thought provolking and interesting.(And spelt corectly:eek:)

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd be interested in seeing what you can come up with.

I pretty much don't even use CDRWs anymore, since CDRs are so cheap now.

Good luck with your "mad scientist" experiments.

:-D

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Try using different brands too. I have used some that will work and some that won't, mostly in a Panasonic music system.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

mpjesse

Splendid
I have a CD Player in my Jeep that is over 3 years old and reads CDRW's just fine. My old ass portable Sony CD Player (2 years old) reads CDRW's just fine too.

-MP Jesse

G

I was looking for a new portable cd player for my wife, she can do her walking and listen, or plug it in the car adapter setup and jam in the car. When I saw the Phillips model I had to get it, it even says on the front "CDRW compatible" At first I didn't believe it but it does work just fine. Now I bought a 5 pack of high-speed 10x cd-rw's and burned 2 of them with her songs, when she gets tired of them, I erase them ,burn her new stuff! No more buying new cd-r's, burning songs your tired of in a week, then putting it on a shelf to be lost... Well, I thought I was smart! LOL