Question Making my build look nicer

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Building my first ever computer, I want to make it pretty nice, without spending too much money on it though. Currently, this is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9vDDWD

I'm wondering which parts it is worth converting to RGB or have some sort of lighting (such as cpu fan, ram, mobo, gpu, case, case fans, and rgb strips). Currently, the parts I have rgb are ram (though not sure if I really should have this as rgb, could go without to save $15), gpu, and that is pretty much it. Considering adding lighting to fans (though I really like the ones I have chosen), and maybe add some rgb strips. Right now, having rgb just on the ram and gpu seems kind of weird to me, perhaps adding some rgb strips is the answer, but I would be glad to know if the current configuration is alright.

Sorry for the confusing question, but basically I am just wondering how the aesthetics of the build would look (as I am a building novice it is hard to visualize everything), whether any changes should be made and also what parts I should add lighting to in order to make the whole build look better.

RAM - I'll be honest here, that's the only white component you have in your build. I think you're better off going something black and non-RGB than what you've chosen. Also consider that RAM with tall heatsinks (most RGB kits) can pose clearance issues in the first DIMM slot with tower style heatsinks like the one you've chosen. this 2x8GB DDR4-3200 kit is on sale for $80 after promo code EMCTYTA27

Other than that, I think you've made a pretty good list there. If you want to add RGB, go for light strips and/or fans.

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
RAM - I'll be honest here, that's the only white component you have in your build. I think you're better off going something black and non-RGB than what you've chosen. Also consider that RAM with tall heatsinks (most RGB kits) can pose clearance issues in the first DIMM slot with tower style heatsinks like the one you've chosen. this 2x8GB DDR4-3200 kit is on sale for $80 after promo code EMCTYTA27

Other than that, I think you've made a pretty good list there. If you want to add RGB, go for light strips and/or fans.
Excellent point, glad you pointed that out, definitely gonna make that change.