Question Making secondary hard drive as primary and upgrading to SSD

Mar 31, 2020
I have a Lenovo Y700 Ideapad. It has a 128 GB M.2 SSD which is the primary drive from where Windows boots and a second 2.5'' internal HDD. Lately, I have run out of space on the SSD and I don't need all that extra HDD space. I am considering upgrading the SSD to 1TB. The M.2 version is quite expensive and right now I can shell enough for the 2.5'' 1TB SSD which comes at half the cost. I will also ditch the HDD which resides in that port.

For this, I will clone the OS to the new SSD and replace the HDD with this new 2.5'' drive. So in all, I would have only one SSD where the HDD was placed before. My question is: Would there be an issue in booting up Windows? Since the OS would now reside on the second port, would it be able to boot or do I have to make some changes?

Mar 31, 2020
What is your budget for this new drive?

Where I live, I am getting the Samsung M.2 1TB at $400 but the standard 2.5'' at $150. This is a 3-year-old laptop and I don't want to invest too much when I would likely replace it in the next 1.5 years.

The ADATA 500 GB M.2 can be bought at $100 .

Mar 31, 2020
After some consideration, I have decided that I will go with @USAFRet suggestion to use a 512 GB M.2 as the replacement and let the HDD be in its place.
I am considering this drive: ADATA XPG SX6000 PRO PCle NVMe M.2 512 GB

However, I cannot find a description for heat sinks availability. Now I am worried that I could be bottlenecked by thermal throttling. Although Y700 has a very good cooling system so I am not sure if heat sink is necessary in my case?