making the most of my ATT gigabit fiber connection...

Aug 31, 2018
hello folks.
Ok, like most I got the common ATT fiber footprint, complete with a wireless extender, router and little white fiber interface box. And like most, all things run on the wireless side (slowly). One of these days I will pull cat6 for the media devices, but the whole thing still leave me wanting.
Tom Guys, I think I know why ATT picked this suite of cheap crap for distribution, but since my external IP seems pretty stable even though it is DHCP allocated and supports v6. I was thinking I would like to just change the whole shebang and take control again of my local house domain. Also, I wanted to add some hosting services and bypass some of their tracking stuff like their slow dns servers in favor of cloudflare 1.1.1.1 access.

Care to make some recommendatoins on gear. I will be setting up external vpn access, to some housebound web servers, a dmz and some other opensource applications being hosted and codeved amongst friends.

Thanks for your help, look forward to hearing.

sigfinity

Aug 31, 2018
Thanks kanwolf, I will. I guess because I saw I can purchase some fixed IP's I thought there would not be an issue. Given I am dealing with tweaks "underwear-stealing-gnomes-provider" (south park reference) that was definitely a bad assertion.

appreciate the response. btw, correction to the post: codeved shouhd be co-deve'd amongst friends.

TRENDING THREADS