[SOLVED] Male hdmi out the back of tower

Dec 31, 2018
I just got a new gaming computer and there is a male hdmi cable sticking out the back of it. It’s sticking out maybe a foot. The cable wasn’t long enough so I got a female to female adapter for it and plugged it in. No picture, no sound. All the hdmi ports on the back work fine, but I figured the one sticking out was for my graphics card so I wanted to use it if I could. Any clearificarion as to what the cable is for or why it didn’t work would be awesome! Thanks guys.

Solution
That case has a HDMI port on the front panel(next to the usb ports on the top front of the case). That cable is how you'd get a signal from an HDMI port on the back of the GPU to the HDMI port on the top of the case.

USAFRet

Titan

This requires a pic.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Wait this is a prebuilt... Trace the wire inside to see where it's going. Just hook monitor up to GPU. I suspect they sent the cable inside the computer for you to use and it goes nowhere... I thought you built the computer, not that it was a cyberpc

USAFRet

Titan

But how did it go through that little hole in the back plate?

USAFRet

Titan

As we cannot yet see what is at the other end, unknown.
But that is one magic cable to do that.

There is a specific cutout in the slot cover. Any "HDMI" at the end we cannot see would be fatter than the cable.

USAFRet

Titan

Ah...
So you'd plug that into the HDMI on the GPU, and then the monitor into the HDMI on the front panel.

Strange, but OK.

bignastyid

Titan

I believe it's for making VR headsets easier to plug it.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes, my S340 Elite has a similar connection. Just tuck the wire in the back and forget about it.