Male to male pci-e cables?

Pizius

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

I just bought a zotac gtx 1070 amp. I am trying to connect this beast with my psu which is a silverstone SST-ST65F-G. I have 2 8 pin pci-e free on my psu which I guess I could connect directly to the graphic card. Is this possible? I would need a male to male 8 pin pci-e cables, but I have not seen any offer to buy them. Otherwise, should I buy pci-e to mole?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

Solution
Ok, he would've had them but obviously didn't give them to you when you bought the computer. I'm guessing there is no way to get the cables from him?
The problem is you need to buy the correct cables for that PSU, cables from a different unit won't fit. I did a quick search and didn't find any for sale, you may have to spend some time and see if you...

Pizius

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Hi Rob, thanks a lot for your help. My PSU has 2x 8 pin pci-e slots unused to provide power supply. My card has equally another 2x 8 pin pci-e slots that I need to connect. My problem is that both PSU slots and card slots are female and I am not sure which kind of cable should I buy.

I have taken pictures of both slots:

https://postimg.org/image/61sw1wrnl/

https://postimg.org/image/w79cha635/

I am kind of new and maybe I am saying something really obvious, Thanks again!

Pizius

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Hi Pete, thanks a lot for your help as well! That's correct, I don't have the cables to connect with my PSU since I bought this PC second hand. The PC was built by the guy I bough it from.

call silverstone and tell them what PSU you have and get cables from them. I own many silverstone PSU and some of the cables are not interchangeable between units, mainly the pci-e and molex cables. If your PSU has blue ports on the unit it will use one cable if they are all black then the pin outs are different.

Pizius

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Thanks a lot Faalin! That sounds good. I'll call them to get the cables. I really appreciate it.

Ok, he would've had them but obviously didn't give them to you when you bought the computer. I'm guessing there is no way to get the cables from him?
The problem is you need to buy the correct cables for that PSU, cables from a different unit won't fit. I did a quick search and didn't find any for sale, you may have to spend some time and see if you can find any. I don't recommend the molex to 8 pin connectors, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Solution

Pizius

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

I will try to contact him but not sure if there will be any luck. So if you don't mind, could you tell me the name of the type of cable I should be asking him (or silverstone) for? I understand it has to be the specific model by silverstone but not sure which kin.d I feel very relieved you guys are helping so much, sorry for the bothering.