[SOLVED] Malfunctioning Computer which part?

MInotaur_64

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hi all,
Recently my computer restarted itself and since restarting itself my graphics card no longer seems to be getting picked nor active in device manager. When i opened the case to take a look and see if everything is attached correctly i see that just the logo of the Graphics card is lit up and the fans on it are not active. With any screen attached to the card has no display while the onboard graphics works. I also tried a different graphics card in my pc and had the same issue. With that as the known knowledge does anyone know what is at fault.
My current computer specs are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-B150N-GSM Intel B150 Mini-ITX LGA1151 Motherboard - OEM.
Intel Skylake Core i3-6100 3.7Ghz, 3MB, LGA1151 Processor.
Corsair CMK8GX4M2A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4-2400 CL14.
Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SATA3 6GB/s SSD (CT250MX200SSD1).
Sapphire Radeon RX470 Nitro+ OC 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card (11256-01-20G).
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E Premium Micro-ATX Tower Case Black.
Seasonic G Series 450W Modular 80Plus Gold Power Supply (SSR-450RM).
Noctua NH-U12S CPU Cooler with NF-F12 PWM.

Solution
Sounds to me like a dead PCI slot in your motherboard if two cards do the same thing, unless there is a problem with your power supply on the 6 pin supply. Try the other cable that has the 6 pin connection for the card to see if it is a cable problem.

That is a rather low end motherboard, and it's a few generations old, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was simply a failed motherboard or a problem on the PCI circuit on that board.

Sounds to me like a dead PCI slot in your motherboard if two cards do the same thing, unless there is a problem with your power supply on the 6 pin supply. Try the other cable that has the 6 pin connection for the card to see if it is a cable problem.

That is a rather low end motherboard, and it's a few generations old, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was simply a failed motherboard or a problem on the PCI circuit on that board.

Solution