Question Malfunctioning PC

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Hello there, i need help. My PC is now currently off from my service due to malfunctioning PC, the problem on this computer is a lot. In 2021 almost a year ago i've bought new components like new CPU, MBD, RAM, PSU and my current GPU with HDDs
And first problem on this computer was that, when i turn on video like MP4 file it will run normally but something happens, it will freeze whole computer like windows (Without BSOD). but for 50% some of windows you can still open but cannot to restart computer, but still i was able to hear sound from chrome web browser. (Videos on youtube doesn't have affect on whole system only the MP4 files.) and also what i saw that was the task manager was bugged and also the clocks with time. So only my option always was to restart computer with reset button. But after restart like 5 mins i will got blue screen of dead with code CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED but still i was wondering where could be problem. I've checked everything like health status of CPU, RAM, HDD, GPU. Also i've run the memtest86 but it didn't find any errors on RAM so i thought that RAM was were fine. So i start to check also GPU and i had theory that could be a GPU, but i was wrong because i've send this GPU to test another person, 1 week later i got message that GPU is fine and have no problems with it. Also one day on 3.4.2022 i've wanted to play game Cities Skylines. I was playing like for 4 hours but when i go to afk from computer and turned back i've saw that my computer was automatically restarted. (Maybe BSOD). But on evening I've wanted to play again same game, when i go afk again to bathroom my computer again was restarted due to BSOD and after 5 mins again BSOD with same code like before CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED. But something weird is also when 5 mins will time out it will for 2 sec turn off HDD with opened windows 10 and back to power and i got BSOD. So the other day I tried to install the linux Archcraft operating system on the computer, the installation failed because during the installation the whole computer was stuck and so I restarted it with the reset button, when I pressed it the unexpected happened, and that was that the computer kept rebooting itself before the UEFI log and it caused my router to shut down nearby, a short power outage to another computer that rebooted and had a message that the computer was not booting properly. And even at least one light turned on by itself and that's on the remote control.

(With every problem I wasn't getting any error messages through the buzzer, each beep was only 1.)
(If I turn on the computer too soon, even after I've turned on the power through the protective socket, the computer says it can't load the monitor image through the buzzer. And even after turning off the computer, if it's completely off, what happens is that just turning on any light, the computer will turn itself on.)

Does anyone know what problem could be? Is this caused by a cheap PSU? or a protected extension cord?

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MBD : ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS

RAM : HyperX Predator RGB 32GB (2x16GB)

GPU : NVIDIA GE FORCE GTX 1060 (3GB) (3,7 Years old)

HDD : Seagate 1TB - (system drive)

HDD : WD Blue 1TB

HDD : Seagate 3TB

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 White V2 - 650W

Can you consistently get to BIOS? Does it crash in BIOS? What BIOS version do you have on the motherboard? Have you tried disconnecting all storage devices except the boot drive and reinstalling Win10 Pro? Have you tried a bootable memory test program? Do you have access to a different PSU to try? Have you tried making sure that all cables attached to the components are firmly attached / we not forced into the wrong port when you first installed the computer? Have you tried using the PC in another power outlet somewhere else in the building?

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Can you consistently get to BIOS? Does it crash in BIOS? What BIOS version do you have on the motherboard? Have you tried disconnecting all storage devices except the boot drive and reinstalling Win10 Pro? Have you tried a bootable memory test program? Do you have access to a different PSU to try? Have you tried making sure that all cables attached to the components are firmly attached / we not forced into the wrong port when you first installed the computer? Have you tried using the PC in another power outlet somewhere else in the building?

So all the cables I checked are fixed properly, the storage I checked too and they are fine in the UEFI they show me, and the program to test the memory so I used memtest 86 and left the PC on with the test 2.5 hours and up to test 8. The other problem is that I don't have access to another power supply. The first installation of windows 10 was in August 2021, then the PC was reinstalled in October 2021. (Plus I don't have the money for a windows 10 license key most likely I am considering installing linux.) I get into the UEFI normally and it works when I boot the computer into normal operation, just in this case it was something extraordinary and it never happened like this at all that after a subsequent hard reboot it causes a repeated and spontaneous reboot right before the UEFI, and the board only notifies me of 1 beep code and as for the version of the motherboard I don't know here but I definitely updated it and that was 4 months after the computer was built. Last but not least, yes I tried plugging the computer into a different socket and that is the socket where the current protector is, when I switched the computer on the current protector did not drop and hence no difference in current was detected.

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
When you replaced all the components but kept the HDD did you make sure to fresh install Windows?

Yeah i've did the fresh install of Windows 10 but after 5 months, problems came back same as before like CRITICAL PROCESS DIED caused by, not now MP4 files but after gaming session. (Because i am not now using MP4 files to watch them but only for their edits.) Also this HDD which has Windows 10 have remapped sectors and that's just a small glitch that hasn't affected my computer performance or operation so far.

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Remapped sectors means a failing hard drive.
Time to replace.

Okay, then but can you or someone suggest for me the best SSD? Because i want a new SSD which will work for this my MBD, Before i had an SSD M.2 but it doesn't worked at all, this SSD was malfunctioning in my PC, My SSD is Kingston A2000 - 500 GB (I was getting a lot of BSOD due to DATA_INPAGE_ERROR) That's why i've switched to HDD.

Requirements

• 1Tb
  • Must be a SATA SSD
  • It must be a verified and good quality manufacturer.

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Samsung 860/870 EVO.
Crucial MX500.

Okay thanks, but i have one question can HDD cause BSOD critical process died? I mean this remapped sectors because HD sentinel says that my HDD has 8 bad sectors. Also my HDD can freeze whole Windows 10 when i start MP4 file and half on playback its freezes without getting BSOD but after hard reset comes BSOD with this same code.

USAFRet

Titan
Okay thanks, but i have one question can HDD cause BSOD critical process died? I mean this remapped sectors because HD sentinel says that my HDD has 8 bad sectors. Also my HDD can freeze whole Windows 10 when i start MP4 file and half on playback its freezes without getting BSOD but after hard reset comes BSOD with this same code.
Yes, a failing drive can cause many issues.

Mark Kloc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Yes, a failing drive can cause many issues.
Okay so today i've tried install to this computer new OS, And i used the healthy HDD without using any of those my what i have like for my data. I wanted to test my computer if its stable to run SSD but it didn't go too well my computer is still malfunctioning, When i start to install Windows 10 on that HDD it was normally fine but after completing setup with logo "Welcome, we are preparing things to you" will after this logo pops up BSOD with code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. However i've made a video clip which i placed on my youtube account that you can see whats happening it turns off HDD for 1 sec. and 3 sec after will power up back HDD and BSOD pops up. And after restarting computer its same.

Well maybe i can obtain from that HDD the MEMORY.Dump file and send it here who wants to see the problem in my computer and please help me to solve this computer.

Clip:
View: https://youtu.be/6Ji6BGlsxnc