[SOLVED] Malware msi afterburner site?

Dec 9, 2022
Hey guys
I might have downloaded and tried to install a malware msi afterburner and now am thinking about reinstalling my windows.
I just did so 2 days ago and wanted to install my msi afterburner.
So i go on google type msi afterburner click on the first site download it and procede to click on the exe file.
There might've been some red flags but i was on auto mode so nothing really jumped my eyes.
I want your opinions guys is this a malware?
msi-afterberner dot live
BTW THIS IS THE FIRST LINK THAT GOOGLE GAVE ME
like google fix your stuff man

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I would do a reinstall if it was my computer.
Run Malware bytes first if you have more than one hard drive/ssd/m.2. let it clean anything it finds.
Shut down and disconnect everything but boot/windows drive and reinstall windows from a clean Windows 10 usb install media.
I would do a reinstall if it was my computer.
Run Malware bytes first if you have more than one hard drive/ssd/m.2. let it clean anything it finds.
Shut down and disconnect everything but boot/windows drive and reinstall windows from a clean Windows 10 usb install media.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey guys
I might have downloaded and tried to install a malware msi afterburner and now am thinking about reinstalling my windows.
So i go on google type msi afterburner click on the first site download it and procede to click on the exe file.
There might've been some red flags but i was on auto mode so nothing really jumped my eyes.
msi-afterberner dot live
You can download that direct from MSI.

USAFRet

Titan
Hey guys
msi-afterberner dot live
"msi-afterberner dot live"

misspelled?
Almost certainly malware.

2 parties at fault here.
google, for not filtering out crapware
You for not paying attention to what you click on and isntall

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Latest posts