Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Virus Protection

Laptopdummy1

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
Hello all, I have a question about Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

I've been using it for about 3 years now and I love it. I'm completely ignorant to digital threats; can/does Malwarebytes protect against viruses? Is malware a virus? I want to ditch my current anti-virus (Trend Micro Titanium) for the Malwarebytes Premium. Is this a terrible idea or acceptable? Thank you so much.

Solution

malware bytes wont protect you that great from viruses, its only made to protect best against malwares, something some good antiviruses are weak at. A malware and a virus are two different things, google or see wikipedia. Malware bytes themselves say that they are malware protectores and should be used along with some good antivirus. So dont ditch your AV...

Jaskaran498

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

malware bytes wont protect you that great from viruses, its only made to protect best against malwares, something some good antiviruses are weak at. A malware and a virus are two different things, google or see wikipedia. Malware bytes themselves say that they are malware protectores and should be used along with some good antivirus. So dont ditch your AV and use both at same time.

Solution

Inquire72

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014