Man-made Global Warming proven to be a hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I wonder why Toms Hardware has not reported this story on their website under news. Last week, either a hacker broke into the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit and uncovered very incriminating emails. The emails were by the members who talk about suppressing opposing views, opposing views being anti-global warming, by coercing journals to deny publishing articles that disprove global warming, emails saying that data has been deleted to thwart open information law inquiries, and just plain fudging of data so that their view that there is global warming won't be challenged. Seeing that this deals with technology, the hacking of email accounts, or the destruction of data on information systems,

I would think Tom's Hardware would be eager to report this but is strangely silent.

See http://www.climatedepot.com/ for the low down on this very major story.

TheViper

Distinguished
Likely wasn't posted here because of how little it has to do with technology and hardware.

Now if this was Tom's Weather, I can see being perturbed by he omission.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
And this story, "Guy Quits Job With Error Message" and "Used ATM Machines for Sale on Craigslist", which is currently one of the headlines on the front page, is so much more important than the University that is the main source that the UN uses to determine environmental policy, especially policy that many nations use as their environmental policy.

And email and data being deleted to thwart laws by the same university on computers has nothing to do with hardware or technology? Sorry, but if you don't see how that deals with hardware, software, IT securityand the ethics involved with those information technologies, maybe you ought to go back and restudy for your A+ certification, or just start learning about computers period.

And like Tom's Hadware has never done a story about computers being hacked into:

# QOTD: Have You Ever Hacked Anything? - News

Mac OS X on a PC). Of course, hacking can also be just what the movies make it out to be (breaking into other computer
systems). Feel free to share with everyone your most interesting hacking exploits. Have you ever hacked anything? If so, what have you hacked...
# UC Berkeley Health Records Hacked - News

as 1999) and present students are affected as well as 3,400 Mills College students (as far back as 2001) who received, or were eligible to receive, health care at UC Berkeley. According to a statement, Berkeley learned of hacking in April and immediately removed...
# NASA could hold Venezuelan responsible for alleged hacking, theft - News

NASA could hold Venezuelan responsible for alleged hacking, theft. nasa considers charges venezuelan. From SecurityFocus. SecurityFocus is reporting this morning that a Venezuelan native already convicted for defacing a US Air Force Web site, and who is facing...
#
# A wireless hacking computer that can't be hacked - News

A wireless hacking computer that can't be hacked. defcon2006 janus project. If you think seeing a dozen wireless networks makes your computer the ultimate scanning box, think again. A small security firm has made a portable computer that is capable of scanning...
# Pirate Bay Boys Face Prosecutors; IFPI Hacked - News

their feelings by hacking the IFPI Swedish website. The group calling themselves the 'Den nya generationen' (The new generation) left a note on the hacked site reading (translated), “declaration of war on the anti-piracy industry and the players behind it,...
# Windows 7 Can Be Hacked, No Fix - News

Windows 7 Can Be Hacked, No Fix. Windows 7 Hacked controlled. Earlier today at the Hack In The box Security Conference
, security researchers showed how easy it is to hack into Windows 7. Ouch.. The question to ask first is this: can't every piece of software...
#
# China: We Don't Hack the U.S. - News

China: We Don't Hack the U.S.. China Pentagon Jet Hack Cybercrime. This week has been filled with reports about the apparent hacking of the Pentagon. . A report in the Wall Street Journal claimed that cyber-spies had hacked into the Department of Defense’s...
# New Charges Brought Against Sarah Palin's Hacker - News

hacking” is heavily debated.... During the presidential race in 2008, someone hacked into Sarah Palin’s personal email account and posted the contents online for the world to see. Whether or not it was “real hacking” is heavily debated (he used the...
# Oops! Twitter Server Password is "Password" - News

been unfolding over the last 72 hours because we know how much you don't want to hear about Twitter but this little detail is not related to the Twitter hacking, despite presenting signifi. We've been trying to avoid the whole Twitter-gate drama that's...
#
# Does a "World of Warcraft" EULA compliance mechanism count as spyware? - News

potion to inflict damage more quickly upon players with fewer experience points (XP). While this particular bug could be exploited through legitimate game play, most exploits are actually caused through direct hacking, especially by developing proxies that...

And that is just the first page of 6 pages of stories involving hacking previously covered on Tom's Hardware News. But I guess that doesn't have anything to do with hardware and technology, either. I wonder why it is on this site then???

I agree redraider.
Theres been a huge effort from all points to prolong this hoax.
If I were a weatheman, and I went from having telegraphs phoning in fronts to satellites overseeing every cloud movement, plus infra red etc, and still couldnt predict the weather more than 3 days out, Id be saying things like, "even tho its getting hotter, itll also be colder in areas too", Sounds like job security to me, especially when a whole group of politicians grab it for their own political benefits, and also, to slow the usage of our finite resources, which is really the main issue overall, that and save the left footed striped owl minnow.
I just watched national geographic, where they had a nice show on Yosemite, and almost every other sentence was on global warming and its effects on it.
At the very end of the show, they spent a few words on all the dying frogs and mentioned other things with no specifics also being effected by pesticides.
Ive lived in 6 different areas in the states, 2 in the valley here in Calif also, and I keep telling people how bad the air is here compared to anywheres else Ive lived, and I attribute it to all the pesticides and other growth performing things theyre constantly pumping into the air here, as they fog everything.
I also watched a lil bit about the mini iceage we all went thru, and how the vikings lived on Grennland, and saw the old areas which they used to live on, which are just now melting again.
Toms does other articles out side of tech, like cars etc. Even movies. Theyve done a few on weather as well, but its not common, but this one is a biggy.
I hope all those that have bought into this becomes exposed, and all the pols that backed it, and spent our money, all the teachers that made it into a semi religion get fired,unelected whatever, and we have the truth.
Its getting warmer, but our meager contributions wont stop it, nor propel it.
As every movie,story or article weve ever written always speaks on the power of nature, and how small we truly are compared to it

http://www.tomshardware.com/s/news/global-warming/

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009

Are you saying that Tom's Hardware is like the liberal sites you are referring to, liberal sites that keep on pressing their belief in global warming even when those who are leading global warming movement are proven to be wrong if not out right lieing about it?

I hope not.

ulysses35

Distinguished
I recently read a topic on CO2 emissions from cars. Back in the early 80's in the UK a well know chemist argued the case on several occassions against adopting catalytic convertors for cars. She opted in stead that we should develop lean burn technology instead as it burns less fuel for the same performance and less emissions.

There are plenty of sources out there that will give you evidence that whilst cats indeed reduce the levels of sulphur etc, the side effect is that they pump out double the CO2

Obviously the car industry went down the quick fix route of using cats, and now we have a CO2 problem. I am not suggesting that this is the cause or proof of global warming - in fact I strongly believe that the melting ice caps is just part of a very long (chronologically) circle.

After all we have had several ice ages.... the ice forms and covers over 50% of the planets surface.... then receeds. So without the 100% cast iron proof from a higher authority how can anyone be sure its a made man event ?

Anyway back to the original subject of my post. No one listened to the chemist in the UK... cats are wide spread and co2 emissions continue to be a talking point.

For the record the chemist ? none othet than Margaret Thatcher.... former prime minister for the UK.

randomizer

Champion
The whole thing is just about giving us another tax without calling it a tax. The Australian government is so keen to tax us that they want to pass an Emissions Trading (Tax) Scheme before Copenhagen. Our Prime Minister would love to walk into Copenhagen having already done something to "lead the world."

The opposition are divided on the matter, so much so that at least 5 shadow ministers have resigned because they don't agree with the opposition leader's view that this needs to be passed immediately. The opposition party has pretty much imploded completely within the last 2 weeks.

My question is, where are all their expert charts exposing the size of Greenlands glaciers back in Lief Ericksons days?
How small were they then? How little snow and glacial activity was there then?
How high were the oceans then compared to today?
The mini ice age lasted for centuries, creating more glacial activity, reducing the sea level, now its reversing again. Which is normal? Mini ice age, or back when Lief was discovering Greenland and growing crops on it?
Why do we find the Wooly mamoth in the Artic?
Just a few things they need to answer without question before they have access to my tax monies

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009

It's quite conspicuous in the news. It's on the Telegraph.co.uk, it's on the Wall Street Journal site at www.wsj.com, and the even New York Times (reluctantly since they would rather try to ignore it as liberal as the are) at

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/science/earth/21climate.html?_r=3

and Fox News at Foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/11/24/john-lott-climate-change-emails-copenhagen/

and on the televised news, on the Neil Cavuto show, and on the Glenn Beck show. It's on virtually every talk show host, like Rush Limbaugh, is talking about it in the US. It's not that inconspicuous of a story. I did a search for "used ATM" and their story about used ATMs being sold didn't appear anywhere, yet they are reporting on that. I did a google search on "leaked email" and "hacked email" and stories about this were at the top, showing it is quite conspicuous of an issue. This is the information age and just covering what the AP reports, which seems to be the case with Tom's News, could be a liability.

Maybe they need to broaden their reading and news gathering if they are into news because this is a very big story. Whole countries have been developing policy over what these "climate scientists" "articles" have been saying. It is at University of East Anglia in England who works with Penn State, Arizona State, and the University of Georgia, all of which have been drawn into the story. It's just too big to have been missed if they want to be into news. This is potentially the biggest news story of the year. Almost EVERYTHING that is being reported about CO2, carbon footprints everywhere, in textbooks, The Green Channel information on cable news is now known to be false. Obama and the other countries going to Copenhagen is for no reason because global warming doesn't existed as shown by this EMAIL LEAK. THIS IS A BIG STORY. The basis for all of the "climate scientists" and their COMPUTER CLIMATE MODELING (in case there is still a question whether this deals with technology) data is COOKED, SKEWED, virtually made up out of whole cloth out of thin air. THIS IS BIG!!

So the implication that this is some obscure story doesn't hold water or even that it is not relevant. This big news and deals with Technology like I've said before and like I said before, it's almost, I said ALMOST, irresponsible if they want to be into reporting news. So, I DON'T think it's good enough to not notice a story this big. If they can find an obscure story about used ATMs being sold on Craigslist, or obscure stories about virtually secret laser weapon testing, like I've seen here before, there is no excuse for not knowing this.

Sometimes you need to admit that a mistake is made or maybe not even that, just give thanks for being notified of it, and realize you need to get on it right away instead of saying we just don't have enough people and this is one of those times where saying we don't have enough people does excuses it, especially with all the obscure stories they do come up with.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009

The reason this is not such a problem is that CO2 is a naturally occurring gas while sulfur in the atmosphere is not naturally occurring at high levels. So, while it might have been better if we had gone down that scientist's route of lean burn techology, "cats" are not that bad since they do reduce sulfur, a cause of acid rain, which was probably the big emphasis because acid rain was one of the major issues at the time.

There is a little more to it than that, but you've more or less hit it on the head. The researchers want there to be man-made global warming so they can continue to rake in huge grants in researching it. No crisis or no crisis we can do anything about = basically no funding. No wonder they want to shut up researchers that say anything different- it's bad for their bottom lines! The government wants to get involved because it not only gives them the power to tax, but it also gives them a lot of control. The whole cap-and-trade scheme is not only a huge tax, but it also lets the government decide exactly who can pollute how much before having to pay out the nose. Contribute a lot to my campaign? Your "cap" gets raised five-fold. Contribute to the opposition? Well, we think you should only be getting half the amount of credits you got last year.

Heres one. They say cows are causing problems too, too much flatulance.
Or, were vegan, this is a liberal issue, so were in too.
Now, if were all eating cows, and theyre all killing th atmosphere, and its a big deal here in the states, what about the buffalo?
Didnt there used to be herds of buffalo numbering in the 30 millions or so?
Dont they fart too? Im just tired of every group piling on this issue which has no base in scientific fact.
Im tired of my country, and half its politicians, putting down the US for not abiding the accords written earlier,which will cost us untold billions, and do what? Fire all the bums, throw em out, quit listening to them, fire their followers, and expect better in the future.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
But I'd say that alot of their obscure stories are interesting and Tom's News does do a good job and I realize they can't catch everything, but they have to admit this is a big story and the main reason I posted this was just to say, "Hey, I think you need to get on this" and not "You messed up Tom's News." I even emailed your news contact at tuannguyen@bestofmedia.com about it.

randomizer

Champion

I don't know exactly where they get their news from, but as far as I know, it's not WSJ or FOX. Your point is moot; if they don't see the story, it doesn't matter how big it is it still won't be reported.

Anyway, if you emailed Tuan he'll post it if he thinks it's worth it.

TheViper

Distinguished
Sorry Redraider89 but this story is not technology based. I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that it is.

None of us are refuting the importance of the story itself, only it's relevance to the content we publish.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009

It involves a computer that has been hacked, that deals with technology, or the leaking of emails, that is technology related, from a university computer system, which is IT related, and those emails, which are IT related, being posted on the internet, which is IT related. And those emails stating that data and some emails, which is IT related, is going to be deleted in violation of a Freedom of Information act, which deals with information security on IT systems, which is technology related. It's obviously an IT and technology based story just like the story where China denied hacking U.S. computers was covered here. If you read my comment of a whole list of stories I commented shortly after your first comment, where I showed a whole list of stories covering computer hacking gathered from this site, there is no way you could say that this is not technology related unless you are just posting frivolous comments.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
At most, I could have chosen a better title than I did and should have said, "Univerisity Computer System hacking releases emails that Leads to Disproving Global Warming" instead.

TheViper

Distinguished
^That I believe would certainly have gained a more receptive audience.

I think the issue here is the politicizing of the context instead of the actual IT involvement. Certainly the hack is IT related but it is lost completely upon the content of the hacked emails.

Even here among the tech heads, what is being discussed? The hack or global warming? That is why it has little relevance on the front page. The point of the story would be the hack but the content of the emails would instantly take focus.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009

It involves both and people can take either path in the discussion. It just happens that most have chosen the environmental route. But none of this would have happened without the IT aspect. But thanks for your comments. However, if Tom's reported it, it would be more about the results of an IT event, with the IT event being the basis I believe. Why people didn't start talking about U.S. China relations when Tom's reported China denying that it had hacked U.S. computers I don't know. But it could have gone either way and it is the same type of story, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS