[SOLVED] Manage Multiple Security Software On Laptop

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015
I am security access door installer which mean i need to install multiple access door software etc OnGuard, symmetry, biostar to do configuration and testing, The problem is all this software is also for monitoring the access door which is useless on my laptop. Once installed, a lot of monitoring service will auto start. As this laptop is just for testing those software when needed, how do i separation for easier management like i only let those run when needed. I do consider VM but afraid thing will break since VM is another OS in VM

Solution
Afraid that VM could break something as it another layer of OS

My harddisk would blown out. It just laptop with 256GB SSD
`
Well then you could spend $70 or so and get a 512 GB SSD to replace what you have. That would give you room for 2 - 3 extra partitions.

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015
Can you change the startup to disabled, and the re-enable and reboot when you need to test?
The problem most didn't have and even i disable those that have there still bunch of stuff like sql server related to those program still running. Currently use biostar and symmetry and Onguard and my laptop already messy with all those and worse i can't just unistall as some already configured as sample.

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015
Any way you can run them in a VM on your laptop? That way they would only load when you started the VM instead of your laptop.
Afraid that VM could break something as it another layer of OS

You could partition the hard drive and install copies of Windows in the new partitions. Then you could install one of the programs in each partition and get to it via multiple boot.
My harddisk would blown out. It just laptop with 256GB SSD