[SOLVED] Manual setting from 2933mhz to 3200mhz.

sony400

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
* This the sequel to this solved post https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/docp-doesnt-work-how-to-set-manually.3612660/ *

Hello!
I got a new build and my only problem is the memory speed.
If i set the DOCP at 3200mhz the system restarts and i got no boot,the only option is to revert changes.
After the help of fellow @Nemesia,i achieved 2933mhz.

But like every person on earth,i want more POWER!!
(or just the fact,Ryzens love big speeds!)

This is the current settings:
IMG-20200531-145919-046-2.jpg

So,is it risky for an inexperienced in OCing like me to manually set the speed,voltage,timing to achieve the 3200mhz goal?
Any help on how to do it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Maybe. There's no hard and fast set definites when it comes to any OC, and 3200MHz is an (OC) value. Default of DDR4 is 2133MHz, which can be adjusted automatically by what the cpu wants. Anything above that is (OC), so is taken with a grain of salt. The ram itself has been binned and factory certified to be 3200MHz stable, but that's no guarantee it will be stable and work on your particular pc. Generally it's fine, sometimes the pc needs a tweak, sometimes the ram needs a tweak to get things simpatico.

When it comes to OC, the word that applies most often is 'possibly', not 'probably'.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Set it to the 2nd Profile of 2933. EDIT just seen somebody finally told you that.

The second generation of Ryzen processors officially supports up to 2933MHz, so that is the speed that you are pretty much guaranteed to achieve . You might never get 3200 stable.

You could go to advanced and manual set the speed timings and voltage since it's failing on DOCP I would add 0.02 volts to the memory.

Last edited:

sony400

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
Set it to the 2nd Profile of 2933. EDIT just seen somebody finally told you that.

The second generation of Ryzen processors officially supports up to 2933MHz, so that is the speed that you are pretty much guaranteed to achieve . You might never get 3200 stable.

You could go to advanced and manual set the speed timings and voltage since it's failing on DOCP I would add 0.02 volts to the memory.
I can try that but i searched for the speed cap you told and it's truly 2933mhz,so is it worthy to go manual?
I had lag spikes and stutter before and now they are solved at 2933.
Would i spot the difference from 2933 to 3200?

sony400

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
Maybe. Ram isn't the only option for tweaking. You could also bump up the SoC voltage 0.05v. That's the memory controller. Some cpus need a little more juice when working with faster ram, especially if the cpu is running stock settings
ok i get it,so giving +0.05v to SoC will allow the 3200mhz to run stable and etc?
(I got no experience in OCing and tweaking)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe. There's no hard and fast set definites when it comes to any OC, and 3200MHz is an (OC) value. Default of DDR4 is 2133MHz, which can be adjusted automatically by what the cpu wants. Anything above that is (OC), so is taken with a grain of salt. The ram itself has been binned and factory certified to be 3200MHz stable, but that's no guarantee it will be stable and work on your particular pc. Generally it's fine, sometimes the pc needs a tweak, sometimes the ram needs a tweak to get things simpatico.

When it comes to OC, the word that applies most often is 'possibly', not 'probably'.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

sony400

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014

ok,i get it now! i will see some memory OC guides and videos and i will experiment! Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS