• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Manual upgrade w95 original release to 0SR 2.5

I have an old NEC laptop with Windows 95 Base release. I
also have a desktop clone with Window 95 OSR 2.5. I would
like to upgrade the laptop to OSR 2.5 to try to use a
wireless NIC card.

Can I extract the needed files from the W95 OSR2.5 machine
to the W95 Base machine? Which files are they or is there
a web site with a list or instructions? I do not have the
original disks. They got "lost in the fire" (divorce).

Micrsoft had a page to download SP1 but that only gets me
to OSR 1. The NIC cards appear to need OSR 2+ for their
drivers.

Any emailed advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Eric

No email can be sent to you at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com

No, you cannot extract the needed files. You will have to find a copy
of OSR2.x at eBay or similar.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "EricJ"