Question manually connecting HDMI everytime causes problems to gaming servers?

Apr 24, 2019
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics
BenQ XL2430T (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (NVIDIA)
Storage
223GB Corsair Force LE SSD ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB10C ATA Device (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
PSU: CORSAIR CX600M
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 3503, 4/18/2018
Connection type: Ethernet Cable

Hey there,
Every time i login for the past 2 weeks and I can't do anything but login in offline mode, i tried to narrow my actions and i remember connecting the tv through HDMI to my pc, and when i've woken up the following day i was logged out of every possible gaming server, from blizzard which im mostly spending my time on to steam account, league of legends account, origin, uplay you name it, i ran multiple disk scans, booted in safe mode still nothing. although i did encounter a weird error code 28 in the device manager and after some digging it was the motherboard. i installed the lasted drive and it was fixed, for a brief moment. after a couple of hours, following the same course of action( connected the tv to the pc by removing the HDMI from the monitor and using the tv as display ) everything seemed fine when i switched back, i was back to the same problem only it wasn't the motherboard because i ran tests and found that it was working just fine, checked audio and video settings. nothing seemed off. i tried using my laptop to connect to the apps above and it works just fine, contacted my ISP and they said everything seems on work on their end so there isnt a need for a new IP address and now i have absolutely no idea what's wrong with my pc.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? What is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it? Speccy doesn't mention your PSU's information. How are you connected to the internet from your machine? Wireless or Ethernet?

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you for replying, for the connection type I'm using an Ethernet cable as for the
PSU: CORSAIR CX600M, bought it back in 2014,
haven't run an update on my BIOS system but ill work on updating it now.
I'm currently using BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0601, 4/23/2014

Apr 24, 2019
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics
BenQ XL2430T (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (NVIDIA)
Storage
223GB Corsair Force LE SSD ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB10C ATA Device (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
PSU: CORSAIR CX600M
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 3503, 4/18/2018
Connection type: Ethernet Cable

Hey there,
Every time i login for the past 2 weeks and I can't do anything but login in offline mode, i tried to narrow my actions and i remember connecting the tv through HDMI to my pc, and when i've woken up the following day i was logged out of every possible gaming server, from blizzard which im mostly spending my time on to steam account, league of legends account, origin, uplay you name it, i ran multiple disk scans, booted in safe mode still nothing. although i did encounter a weird error code 28 in the device manager and after some digging it was the motherboard. i installed the lasted drive and it was fixed, for a brief moment. after a couple of hours, following the same course of action( connected the tv to the pc by removing the HDMI from the monitor and using the tv as display ) everything seemed fine when i switched back, i was back to the same problem only it wasn't the motherboard because i ran tests and found that it was working just fine, checked audio and video settings. nothing seemed off. i tried using my laptop to connect to the apps above and it works just fine, contacted my ISP and they said everything seems on work on their end so there isnt a need for a new IP address and now i have absolutely no idea what's wrong with my pc.