Many Blue Screens, Don't Know Where to Go

andyroo99

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
My computer has started to blue screen constantly not too long after a fresh install because of repeated blue screens. There are many different error codes but through bluescreenview they all relate to ntoskrnl.exe. I have tried using driver verifier but when I do it will not crash because of verifier and just crashes with a different error. My dump files are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPyUaG3X8H9gVgqpalcIM9heREB My specs are: i5- 6600k, 16gb 3000mhz GSkill Trident Z, Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming, Gigabyte z170 Gaming 6. Thank you all for the help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't read dumps but this can, can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

even if they all blame ntoskrnl i can see what codes you getting and suggest ideas

if any are whea or Machine Check Exception, remove overclocks on CPU as they can cause them.

andyroo99

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

I would do that but now the system won't even post. Motherboard led is showing it getting stuck at 4F which is a reserved code in the manual. I had one pin bent in the socket but I got it pretty straight now and it is still stuck at 4F.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it shows reserved in manual but if you compare codes in the manual list to the default AMI Bios debug codes it shows 4F as being DXE IPL is started - they line up exactly number wise. Now what is DXE IPL?

have you reset CMOS?

this 4f error effects a wide range of PC as they all use same bios maker and all have same error codes. Some of the advice in this thread may help but be aware its a different board so don't use same BIOS they link to: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/287ea3/troubleshooting_asrock_z77_extreme4_4f_or_3b_6/

Can you flash bios on that board without booting PC? Some boards have a special USB flashback slot you can use

the bent pin might be still bent or CPU might not be lined up properly with it (I don't know how it works). MIght need to get PC repaired in a shop to know whether its the CPU or motherboard at this point.

TRENDING THREADS