[SOLVED] Many BSODs - most due to ntoskrnl.exe

Sep 22, 2021
As described in the title I am encountering quite many BSODs. In the drive below I have the data from BlueScreenView and MemTest86.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WjJ2-Yk6oKah1C11mggM4KJwxUowHEPV?usp=sharing

MemTest has found one error, however, I was wondering if this is already too much or not that much of an issue.

The errors seem to be mostly happening during videogames (but sometimes also during programmes which are really not that graphics intensive).

I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!

Solution
How old is that PSU? Past history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even crypto-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the BSODs.

One other immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Carefully clean out dust and debris.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Also use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of physical damage: bare conductor showing, melted/discolored insulation, browned/blackened components, kinked or pinched wires, etc.. Gently tighten screws as necessary so nothing is loose. Do not over-tighten - just snug up as needed.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also "sfc /scannow" and "dism" may find and fix something.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Sep 22, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also "sfc /scannow" and "dism" may find and fix something.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

The part list is below:

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/jJCTb8

Sep 22, 2021
only error count you want in memtest is 0. 1 is too many.
Did you check sticks individually?

No point looking at dump files if ram is giving errors. It will cause BSOD.

remove/replace ram with errors

Alright, I will check the individual sticks once I have more time. Are faulty ram sticks usually covered in the warranty?

Thanks btw!

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that PSU? Past history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even crypto-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the BSODs.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Also use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of physical damage: bare conductor showing, melted/discolored insulation, browned/blackened components, kinked or pinched wires, etc.. Gently tighten screws as necessary so nothing is loose. Do not over-tighten - just snug up as needed.

Solution
Sep 22, 2021

I have bought all parts new and rarely used the pc for gaming (up untill now!). I have recently removed all dust, but I will do a thorough search again. Thanks for the tips!