[SOLVED] Many games only run properly when integrated graphics are disabled

Jul 28, 2020
Greetings everyone,

As described in the title above I'm having a constant issue where many of my games will only display a black screen , while the audio will play just fine and the game will even detect any key strokes or mouse movements revealing that it is in fact running.

That only happens when my integrated graphics card is enabled in Device Manager. If I disable it the game will run normally but the system will get slower and games will suffer from performance issues, since everything will run through my dedicated graphics. I've been trying to find something related to this online but all I get are tutorials on how to disable specific graphic devices, which is what I'm already doing, but that doesn't really seem like a proper solution.

Could someone help me figure out what exactly might be causing this issue? It wasn't like that before, both cards used to comunicate properly as they should. I can't say for sure the moment when this started happening but I suspect it might have started after an update for the dedicated graphic's driver several months ago.

Additionally, I apologize if there is already a post similar to this one. I wasn't able to find it through the keywords used to search and I appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction.

___

My specs:

Integraded GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB

All drivers are up to date.

I'll be happy to provide additional info if necessary.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Solution
If I disable it the game will run normally but the system will get slower and games will suffer from performance issues, since everything will run through my dedicated graphics.
That should not cause any kind of slow downs,unless this everything includes some sort of heavy GPU demanding software that you run alongside our game.

This could be a driver issue so you could try and uninstall all GPU drivers using DDU ,follow a guide so you do it right.

Are you using the same monitor with both or does each have it's own monitor?
If I disable it the game will run normally but the system will get slower and games will suffer from performance issues, since everything will run through my dedicated graphics.
That should not cause any kind of slow downs,unless this everything includes some sort of heavy GPU demanding software that you run alongside our game.

This could be a driver issue so you could try and uninstall all GPU drivers using DDU ,follow a guide so you do it right.

Are you using the same monitor with both or does each have it's own monitor?

Reactions: IronBeard99
Solution
Jul 28, 2020
Hi, sorry for the delayed response. I've been a bit busy.

Thanks for your suggestion, I still didn't had the time to follow it for the same reason, but as soon as I can manage I'll update the results.

I mainly use my notebook's own monitor but I have a bigger television that I would ocasionally plug in for a more immersive experience. But for some reason the TV only works with the integrated graphics enabled and since I'm having these issues with it, I haven't used it anymore.