Question many problems with the /pc/(?)

yenek1

Prominent
Oct 7, 2021
Hi guys, so I recently got a little budget computer I built myself, with a 1070 8GB, ryzen 5 3600, and 16 gb ram. I was not so much looking forward to this day, because I was afraid that I would mess up the assembly of the machine, and I am worried that this might have happened, since I am putting together a pc for the first time in my life, but I am posting this here anyway, because maybe the PSU is the problem:

my motherboard is making a pulsating, flashing orange light, and many people say it's a PSU problem, (edit: my motherboard and PSU are completely new, both bought 2 days ago.)

the fans on my video card wouldn't spin until after I downloaded an MSI Afterburner and set them to spin,

when I start a game, my PSU starts making a very annoying buzzing, crackling noise, I thought about coil whining, but I don't know anything about it, so I'm writing this post instead, to see if I can get some help.

So tldr: motherboard is flashing orange, video card fans are only running with MSI afterburner, PSU is making a weird buzzing sound when I play a game.

My power supply is Chieftec 600W Eco Series. I have read a lot of good and bad things about this PSU, so I can't decide which one is good. where I live (in hungary) only good things were written about it on the site where I bought it, and it was in my previous computer, and it worked there, nothing like that. . so that's it!

That PSU is a complete piece of crap. And when JonnyGuru says it's crap, it's definitely crap. And he doesn't say it's crap just because it's Chieftec, because he will tell you, and I'd agree, that Chieftec DOES have some very good models out there, a few anyhow, but this is absolutely not one of them.

Use these to maybe help find some decent models that are available to you. Do not look to anything that isn't on Tier A or B, and MUCH preferably on Tier A.

Reactions: Vic 40