Many questions for my build!

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hi there! So I'm doing this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Heckwheels/saved/2Czr. Do you have any suggestions?
Here is my longgg list of questions! Feel free to only answer a few.

How's the graphics card and the monitor choice?

Will the aftermarket heatsink be able to cool the cpu?

Should I spread the thermal paste before installing the heatsink, or should I leave a dab on and let the heatsink spread it?

Fans: do you think I need those extra case fans, and what orientation should I have the bottom, top, front, back, and cpu fans going in? Using this layout so far, my setup would be: front=2x140mm rear= 1x40mm top=1x140mm bottom=2x120mm, and cpu fan pulling towards the back.

Last but not least, do you think the NZXT hue and the Bitfenix recon will match my case? (If you have any different suggestions for the fan controller, please let me know!) Also, where should I put the thermal probes for the controller in my case?

Sorry about the insane number of questions, it's my first build and I'm quite nervous. (lol, do they have a noob award on here?)
Just to make this clear, I am EXTREMELY open to suggestions, no matter what your computer knowledge level is. (Mine is low)

Max
Canada

Solution
How's the graphics card and the monitor choice? Good, a great video card that won't bottleneck or be bottlenecked by your CPU

Well technically the stock cooler can if you don't suck at cable management (it takes practice) and have fans.

Should I spread the thermal paste before installing the heatsink, or should I leave a dab on and let the heatsink spread it?
Put on a pea sized drop (maybe 10% smaller than a pea) and let the heatsink spread it.

Fans: do you think I need those extra case fans, and what orientation should I have the bottom, top, front, back, and cpu fans going in? Using this layout so far, my setup would be: front=2x140mm rear= 1x40mm top=1x140mm bottom=2x120mm...
How's the graphics card and the monitor choice? Good, a great video card that won't bottleneck or be bottlenecked by your CPU

Well technically the stock cooler can if you don't suck at cable management (it takes practice) and have fans.

Put on a pea sized drop (maybe 10% smaller than a pea) and let the heatsink spread it.

Fans: do you think I need those extra case fans, and what orientation should I have the bottom, top, front, back, and cpu fans going in? Using this layout so far, my setup would be: front=2x140mm rear= 1x40mm top=1x140mm bottom=2x120mm, and cpu fan pulling towards the back. That is a lot of fans, don't do the bottom ones, put a 120mm in the back and a 120mm at the top.

Last but not least, do you think the NZXT hue and the Bitfenix recon will match my case? (If you have any different suggestions for the fan controller, please let me know!) Also, where should I put the thermal probes for the controller in my case? I think they'll match. Put the thermometers err sorry thermal probes by the CPU, GPU, and HDD, those are where heat can be an issue.

Solution

Heckwheels

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

That was a great, quick reply! Thanks dude! Just a little furthermore on hte fans: my case comes preinstalled with the ones at the front and the back. In that scenario, what should I do?

Cheers again,
Max
Canada

Ideally you want to replace them, stock fans tend to be slow and rather useless, but they do keep air moving a bit. How much are you planning on overclocking, if at all? Unless you're really pushing the processor, those fans should be sufficient with an extra 140mm input in the front and a 120mm exhaust at the top.