Many Questions on Buying..

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
OK, so I have looked every where in the past 2 days for a reliable place to buy Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. I am about to build my first PC so I need this last thing. I don't care if it is a disc or USB version or if it is $100 or $140, I just want to figure a few things out and the best place to buy. So I get that OEM and Retail are basically like a one time use vs multiple uses. I honestly would prefer Retail just in case.

My biggest question is if the USB from the actual Microsoft website will be of good quality, and if not is the Download option a disc version or an ISO file to be put on a USB? Also do both options include the Activation Key?

Sorry for this being so scattered but I have had so many questions pop up in my mind and really want to get this solved and buy these parts. All in all, I don't mind buying right from MS as long as I get my key and a trust worthy download by disc or USB.

Thanks for reading this horribly structured mess of a question haha, all answers are greatly appreciated!

Solution
If you buy from a reputable seller (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon) having a problem with the USB shouldn't be an issue, you can always exchange it.

When you buy Windows you're paying for the license and you can make your own bootable USB drive anyway.

As for which version comes on the USB, it'll be both versions if you're buying the retail copy.

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016

By good quality I mean that the USB won't be a cheap POS, heard lots of people complaining of bad USBs and also missing Windows files on these USBs.

I would like to go with USB as I could save the money of a DVD reader that I will never use.

One thing I forgot to ask, will this USB be the 64 Bit or 32 Bit?

If you buy from a reputable seller (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon) having a problem with the USB shouldn't be an issue, you can always exchange it.

When you buy Windows you're paying for the license and you can make your own bootable USB drive anyway.

As for which version comes on the USB, it'll be both versions if you're buying the retail copy.

Solution

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016

OK, this makes me feel much better! So my final question is how does the whole 32 Bit and 64 Bit on one USB work? Will I select one upon installation? Sorry for so many questions btw, just wanna be sure I have everything correct for my first build!

GabeTG

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016

Alrighty! thank you so much for helping me figure this out :D ! I really appreciate it!