May 24, 2022
I have about 12 SSDs with capacities from 90GB-200GB, and looking for a good project/use for them, with more SSDs to come over time as the users in the company outgrow these smaller drives. Any suggestions on how to put them to good use ?

We have large capacity server as well as a few Terastations in the network so mass storage is not a big concern, just hate to see these little guys lifeless, collecting dust on a shelf in the storage cabinet. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have about 12 SSDs capacities from 90GB-200GB, and looking for a good project/use for them, with more SSDs to come over time as the users in the company outgrow these smaller drives. Any suggestions on how to put them to good use, we have large capacity server as well as a few Terastations in the network so mass storage is not a big concern, just hate to see these little guys lifeless, collecting dust on a shelf in the storage cabinet. Any suggestions are welcome.

I upgrade older systems with SSDs at work to get them another bit of lifespan. 3-4 years ago most corporate desktops ran platter drives, an SSD upgrade in one of those makes them a lot faster. This all of course depends on your exact situation as far as what you can use them for, we have hundreds of older systems that I can upgrade and they are just fine with 120gb storage.

D

Deleted member 362816

I upgrade older systems with SSDs at work to get them another bit of lifespan. 3-4 years ago most corporate desktops ran platter drives, an SSD upgrade in one of those makes them a lot faster. This all of course depends on your exact situation as far as what you can use them for, we have hundreds of older systems that I can upgrade and they are just fine with 120gb storage.

I put 120's in most of the cheaper laptops that I flip. People are like only 120gb of storage!?!?!, Then I ask what they plan to do with it. Email and Youtube lmao!

May 24, 2022
Thanks All, for your suggestions, I decided to wipe the drives, and distribute to employees for personal use, no real value on ebay, we are a service company not a retailer, would create additional headaches for the bookkeeper.

TRENDING THREADS