Question Map Network Drive - Pin not accepted

amerifax

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I'm trying to map Network Drive. It wants me to enter network credentials:
Enter your credentials to connect to: RAM-3, name of a shared computer. I must admit I'm a bit confused about what credentials are looking for.
  1. AT&T , my provider, username and password.
  2. My RTG-AC88U router.
  3. The username and password of the shared computer that holds the information I need to get to.
I would rather not have to include the username and password for the shared computer. I'm only going to be access it for approximately 30 minutes to transfer the files off of it and then never use it again. Therefore I would rather not have to enter any password if there's a way to eliminate the need for entering a password for the shared computer. Is there a way to change the settings so it doesn't ask me for a password

Here's the reason. I have been using a pin to access the shared computer. I know the pin I've been using for a long time. But I no longer remember the actual password that the pin is associated with. I can log onto the shared computer with the pin.
Bob

kanewolf

Titan
I'm trying to map Network Drive. It wants me to enter network credentials:
Enter your credentials to connect to: RAM-3, name of a shared computer. I must admit I'm a bit confused about what credentials are looking for.
  1. AT&T , my provider, username and password.
  2. My RTG-AC88U router.
  3. The username and password of the shared computer that holds the information I need to get to.
I would rather not have to include the username and password for the shared computer. I'm only going to be access it for approximately 30 minutes to transfer the files off of it and then never use it again. Therefore I would rather not have to enter any password if there's a way to eliminate the need for entering a password for the shared computer. Is there a way to change the settings so it doesn't ask me for a password

Here's the reason. I have been using a pin to access the shared computer. I know the pin I've been using for a long time. But I no longer remember the actual password that the pin is associated with. I can log onto the shared computer with the pin.
Bob
It is looking for a login on the host that holds the data.