[SOLVED] Mapped Drive won't connect

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 20, 2020
I'm running into a huge issue with the town I'm helping for a family member. They have a hard drive mapped for their payroll software so it can be accessed by two different users from two different computers. For some reason yesterday it started saying that it "couldn't reconnect all network drives" and it has a red "X" on the drive if you look at it. The previous IT guy set a username and password for it that no one seems to know but it was saved and was connecting automatically so it was never an issue, but now I am not sure what to do. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to reconnect, and if I click on the drive it asks for the username and password. I have tried to run the workaround script descibed on Microsoft's support site with no luck. Looking for any advice anyone can give. I'm not a pro IT guy. I know quite a bit about what I'm doing with computers but I'm not overly familiar with mapped drives as I've never worked with them before. The computer is running Windows 10.

Solution
So conceptually you'll need to understand some things to rgd1101 can help you better.

There is a drive in one of those computers that has the payroll data. That drive will be able to be accessed directly by that computer without a password because the drive is physically in the computer . This is what we need. Once you have this information, rgd1101 will be able to help further.

once he find the physical location of the drive. anyone can help.

could be the ip address on pc that have the payroll data changed.
Feb 20, 2020

I’ll hopefully be in their office today and can get more info on that. I’m under the understanding it’s in the main computer. I’m might have seen that IP address on the second computer. I’ll post more as soon as I can. Appreciate all the help!

Feb 20, 2020

OK, so this will hopeully help. The drive does not appear to be in the main computer. When I connected to that computer via AnyDesk, it shows the main computer in question as having the "KeyStone (\\192.168.0.104) (F: )" association. I had the other lady check her computer (it doesn't have remote access) and her drive shows "KeyStone (\\PC1) (B: )" so I'm guessing that means the drive is actually in her computer. So now how to get what I have been calling the main computer to access the Keystone drive???