Maps of bathrooms, bedrooms, basements for UT?

Hello,
I played a pretty cool map the other night which was someones bathroom.
It was a deathmatch, and it was really sweet. Does anyone know of decent
maps of giant rooms that are good deathmatch fodder? I have the old UT GOTY
edition. Just getting started with UT, and am finding it a great
environment. Incidentally, the map I was playing had a name like
"DawnsBathroom".

Thanks in advance for any help!

~Mud_Jack

There is a good kitchen map also, don't remember the name.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

On 2005-01-26 22:46:29 -0500, "Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> said:

> Hello,
> I played a pretty cool map the other night which was someones
> bathroom. It was a deathmatch, and it was really sweet. Does anyone
> know of decent maps of giant rooms that are good deathmatch fodder? I
> have the old UT GOTY edition. Just getting started with UT, and am
> finding it a great environment. Incidentally, the map I was playing
> had a name like "DawnsBathroom".
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> ~Mud_Jack

Try some of the Sniper servers, as they seem to have lots of the
"enlarged" rooms of all sorts.

NYA clan
http://www.notyouraverage.com/
USA clan
http://www.usaclan.us/
TUC clan
http://www.tucxclan.com/
WOLF clan
http://www.wolfsniperclan.com/

there are lots more...

Thanks a million! I have been scouring the web for those maps and could not
find them. I stumbled onto the bathroom one during a gamespy match and
think it is a hoot. I appreciate the link and you taking time to respond.
What an excellent newsgroup!!!!

~Mud_Jack

"UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message
> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
> No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, "Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> wrote:
>>Hello,
>> I played a pretty cool map the other night which was someones
>> bathroom.
>>It was a deathmatch, and it was really sweet. Does anyone know of decent
>>maps of giant rooms that are good deathmatch fodder? I have the old UT
>>GOTY
>>edition. Just getting started with UT, and am finding it a great
>>environment. Incidentally, the map I was playing had a name like
>>"DawnsBathroom".
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any help!
>>
>>~Mud_Jack
>
> I like Dawn's maps too. Try Inferno, one of my favs. The bathroom one
> is good too.
>
> http://utgoddess.nbkillas.net/files/

You could also try

http://www.teamlol.com/

I agree with VejOut the big room DM maps are normally sniper server maps.

Visine

"VejOut" <noemail@dont.want.spam.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-01-26 22:46:29 -0500, "Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> said:
>
>> Hello,
>> I played a pretty cool map the other night which was someones
>> bathroom. It was a deathmatch, and it was really sweet. Does anyone know
>> of decent maps of giant rooms that are good deathmatch fodder? I have
>> the old UT GOTY edition. Just getting started with UT, and am finding it
>> a great environment. Incidentally, the map I was playing had a name like
>> "DawnsBathroom".
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help!
>>
>> ~Mud_Jack
>
> Try some of the Sniper servers, as they seem to have lots of the
> "enlarged" rooms of all sorts.
>
> NYA clan
> http://www.notyouraverage.com/
> USA clan
> http://www.usaclan.us/
> TUC clan
> http://www.tucxclan.com/
> WOLF clan
> http://www.wolfsniperclan.com/
>
> there are lots more...

Thanks! I love the sniper levels.

"Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> Blessed us with

> Thanks a million! I have been scouring the web for those maps
> and could not find them. I stumbled onto the bathroom one
> during a gamespy match and think it is a hoot. I appreciate the
> link and you taking time to respond. What an excellent
> newsgroup!!!!

Here is gorilla's sniper server address. He has an elite sniper
server and he also visits this group sometimes.

Unreal://216.39.194.203:7805

There are all kinds of "little you" maps like kitchens and bathrooms
and such. After you've downloaded a few of them they'll be in your
Cache folder. You can clean your Cache folder out manually or Google
for a program called CacheCleaner3. You won't be able to play the
maps downloaded from a server in single player without first cleaning
out your Cache folder.

Hope this helps and good luck

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."
Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003, or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

J -
Thanks. I downloaded the cache cleaner and ran it. I am on my way
towards downloading some "little you" maps. I noticed a boatload of
cache#####.tmp files in my c:\unrealtournament directory, and then a large
number of .uxx files in the cache subdirectory. I have to assume these are
maps, skins, textures, etc....but I am unsure how to utilize them. I may
have to poke around and see if I can rename them.
One thing cool about UT is the way the clients automatically pull down
the correct maps and associated files from the server. We played a new map
on our network and it took care of itself. Pretty cool.
Hey - thanks again for the link and information. I really appreciate
it.

~Mud_Jack

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:25:42 -0600, Baron_Von_Fritter wrote:

> I noticed a boatload of
> cache#####.tmp files in my c:\unrealtournament directory

These are uncompleted downloads...useless.

--
{AGUT}DeadMan

Steph

"Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> wrote in

> Thanks a million! I have been scouring the web for those maps and
> could not find them. I stumbled onto the bathroom one during a
> gamespy match and think it is a hoot. I appreciate the link and you
> taking time to respond. What an excellent newsgroup!!!!
>
> ~Mud_Jack
>
> "UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message
>> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
>> No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, "Baron_Von_Fritter" <lgalardi@cox.net> wrote:
>>>Hello,
>>> I played a pretty cool map the other night which was someones
>>> bathroom.
>>>It was a deathmatch, and it was really sweet. Does anyone know of
>>>decent maps of giant rooms that are good deathmatch fodder? I have
>>>the old UT GOTY
>>>edition. Just getting started with UT, and am finding it a great
>>>environment. Incidentally, the map I was playing had a name like
>>>"DawnsBathroom".
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for any help!
>>>
>>>~Mud_Jack
>>
>> I like Dawn's maps too. Try Inferno, one of my favs. The bathroom one
>> is good too.

Can you fall into the toilet and get flushed? Or fall down the sink
drain?

stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.

> Can you fall into the toilet and get flushed? Or fall down the sink
> drain?
Yes you can, but you do not die, you go someplace else.

stePH

gorilla

Mike

Splendid