Status
Not open for further replies.

a9xgamer

Prominent
Jun 18, 2018
Hey guys!
So can I use Marble top with Aluminium legs as my PC desk/table? I'll be using PC and other electronics like Laptop and iPad charger and stuff on it. So I'm kinda worried that it might shock me or short my PC or other electronics?

a9xgamer

Prominent
Jun 18, 2018
In agreement with the preceding two posts.

However I am curious about what led you to believe or to be concerned about being shocked.
Because 1: I was plugging USB in my PC barefoot, and it shocked me. 2: My PC's body paint was worn off from a place and I got shocked from it. 3: Plugging HDMI. So I had bad experience with PC that's why I was conforming that. Also my floor is also marble and its 250v here in PAK. I don't know if that means anything but I'm just saying why I'm being cautious about it.

Because 1: I was plugging USB in my PC barefoot, and it shocked me. 2: My PC's body paint was worn off from a place and I got shocked from it. 3: Plugging HDMI. So I had bad experience with PC that's why I was conforming that. Also my floor is also marble and its 250v here in PAK. I don't know if that means anything but I'm just saying why I'm being cautious about it.

The place where you're living have a ground pin on the wall socket?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about that. But the "Board" I plug my PC into has 2 holes. If that tells anything?

The wall power socket has 2 holes? If that's the case then this is your problem. The place you're living at doesn't have grounding. Meaning that nothing plugged in that room is grounded and that would explain why you get shocked all the time. Not good.

a9xgamer

Prominent
Jun 18, 2018
The wall power socket has 2 holes? If that's the case then this is your problem. The place you're living at doesn't have grounding. Meaning that nothing plugged in that room is grounded and that would explain why you get shocked all the time. Not good.

Just Confirmed it, Yup, nothing's grounded. We have 2 hole power sockets Negative and Positive.

a9xgamer

Prominent
Jun 18, 2018
So? Should I use Marble top or Not?

Ralston18

Titan
Did the shocking just start or has it been happening all along?

It is not the marble top. As stated marble is a poor conductor.

It is your PC.

The current, having nowhere else to go, left your PC, traveled through the USB cable (or perhaps the bare metal on the case) , through you, and then to ground (earth).

That being the floor and you got shocked.

Somewhere in your computer there is an electrical short that would normally go to ground through a designed path.

Your electrical system does not have a built in ground. So the electricity, which desires very much to go to ground, finds its way through you.

You need two things: 1) a qualified electrician to check out your home's electrical system and establish some grounding per local codes and requirements, and 2) a knowledgeable person to look at and test your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS