[SOLVED] Problem with Marley earbuds

lordtristan28

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018
Marley earbuds with 3 ring audio jack works, But skullcandy buds with 3 ring audio jack wont, am i missing something?

I know this might seem like a weird question, but this is bugging me even though it does not affect me one bit.

Today i bought some Skullcandy Smokin' buds 2, They are wired earbuds. They sound nice on my phone and they work great. Got an amazing deal. I had to replace my old marley earbuds because the left earbud wired broke, anyways.

My marley earbuds has 3 "black rings" and i did research and understand what each ring does, i plugged them into the FRONT AUDIO PORT on my computer case. They worked even with one earbud missing. Sounded great, etc. no issues.

Well my skullcandy earbuds, that have the exact same 3 "black rings" just sound like someone is screaming down a tunnel filled with water, its horrible. and this is what is bugging me. How does the same exact port, and the same 3 black rings work on one pair of earbuds, but not the other?

Also, i know most computers don't offer an audio and microphone port mashed together, but how does gaming headsets do it? How does razer have headphones that have all audio and micrphone and it all works in 1 port?

I thank you for any and all help, i just basically wanna understand why this is the way it is. Thank you so much!

Solution
Could be they are not plugged in properly or there is just a contact mis-match. Nothing really odd as to why they won't work, the alignments are off.

For the mic and headphone combo jacks are 4 poles and the jacks they are meant to be used with are the same.
Could be they are not plugged in properly or there is just a contact mis-match. Nothing really odd as to why they won't work, the alignments are off.

For the mic and headphone combo jacks are 4 poles and the jacks they are meant to be used with are the same.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS