Question Mars Pro or Venus Bluetooth Speaker audio/charging question

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I don't have nor do I want Bluetooth on my PC so I have a couple questions to see if the Mars Pro or Venus will work with my system.

I assume the 3.5 mm cable to USB C they provide is for aux in to provide audio to the Mars Pro but will it charge at the same time when playing audio from my 3.5 mm jack from my PC? That way the speaker audio and charging turns on/off when I power up PC for my primary speaker and I don't have to unplug it all the time to charge it.

I would like to purchase the charging base as well if there is a way to play audio and charge at the same time?

I don't mind buying additional adapters if need be if anyone know how?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
Something new to me, but wonder what your goal is with this speaker? If kept by the pc and connected all the time why not pick something like this,
https://www.amazon.nl/Edifier-R1280DBs-Active-Bluetooth-luidspreker-dp-B087CP66WB/dp/B087CP66WB/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1
use it personally (the old version) and think it's very good for the price,does have bleutooth so pairing a phone can still be done.

Use myself btw a little thicker audio cable to connect the two units.
I just wanted some cool speakers.

I wanted them for audio left/right for my desktop. I'm used to having audio port in as well as power port in but since this only has usb-c port in I don't know if it would charge at the same time as it plays? I would have the usb plugged in to my computer port so it power/audio cable turns on/off with my computer .

They don't recommend leaving them charging 24/7 while playing that's why I was going to plug into my computer. I think they really have these set up more like portable bluetooth instead of permanent trouble free system sound speakers? No way am I going to plug and un plug speakers all the time and now way am I going to take these outside my home as a 4lb portable bluetooth speaker? I'm sure after they sell a ton of them their come out with more options for surround system or at least sell tweets without bass for left/right audio.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I just wanted some cool speakers.
Okay. Is up to you of course. My choice certainly aren't "Cool" enough.

I wanted them for audio left/right for my desktop. I'm used to having audio port in as well as power port in but since this only has usb-c port in I don't know if it would charge at the same time as it plays? I would have the usb plugged in to my computer port so it power/audio cable turns on/off with my computer .
They don't recommend leaving them charging 24/7 while playing that's why I was going to plug into my computer.
Unless you totally shut down the pc, mean from the wall i.e. set the psu to "0" it will likely still charge these speakers. Connecting them/it to the pc via usb will certainly make it charge while playing music.

1. I think they really have these set up more like portable bluetooth instead of permanent trouble free system sound speakers?
  2. No way am I going to plug and un plug speakers all the time and now way am I going to take these outside my home as a 4lb portable bluetooth speaker?
  1. Sure.
  2. That's whatever you want. Think these aren't really intended as stationary speakers, but again if you want to use them that way go ahead.
I'm still not sure after looking at hem for a while, mean reviews etc, that the usb also can be used for audio, but maybe in the meantime you have found out differently?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS