Marvell oprom, problem

yombo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hi, i have the following problem.

I have a M4 + 4 HDD on a Asus P8z68v pro, windows 7, everything working fine, but today i tried to update the firmware, and the wizard gets stuck at finding drives, so i searched a little and i found i have to disable Marvell.

The problem is when i disable the Marvel oprom, my system wont boot, i will get the message "No bootable device", and if i re eanble Marvell it will boot fine, is there something i am missing, any advice?

Thank in advance.

Is your M4 connected to one of the Marvell 6Gb/s ports (SATA6G_E1 or SATA6G_E2)?
It should be connected to one of the Intel 6Gb/s ports (SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2) for maximum performance.

If it is connected to one of the Intel ports then change your BIOS settings so that it is the 1st boot device (page 3-2 of your motherboard manual).

yombo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
The m4 is connected to the intel 6gb port (gray one) the other devices are connected to the blue ones (3gb) nothing is connected to the marvel ports.

The problem is as soon i disable the marvel oprom, windows wont boot, all the drives are recognized, also i tried to select the m4 with the boot option (F8) and still got the same problem.