Mass Effect 2 Next Year, Says BioWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Looking at the picture, it seems like the game will have sex in it again. Of course, China will censor this out... possibly Germany too?

isapiens

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
somehow she doesnt turn me on.
By next year do they mean 2010 or 2011? because if its in 2010 its more like in 3 months then next year...

Infinity_Wasted

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I'm generally positive about the game, but I always hate it when companies offer preorder incentives when you buy from specific retailers. I've also read from Gamespot that Gamestop preorders will allow people access to special weapons in-game, that non-preorders won't be able to use (3rd paragraph, "The download will also unlock a wider variety of heavy weapons than will be accessible to those who buy the game after the game launches."). I have to wonder this would change the game for those who preorder it. will this be available early and make most future armour upgrades unnecessary?

as much as I like the game, the publisher is doing this because they KNOW they can. and they know they'll get away with it. I have no qualms with the game itself, but I have to question the preorder scheme.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
^^ I second that - I mean if I were buying a pepsi from vending machine A i wouldn't expect (or accept) if the flavour was different than if it was popped out of vending machine B. It's the same product, costing the same - so how is that fair?

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Basically, I think this whole pre-order incentive thing is to get people to buy the games at full price instead of waiting for a price drop. I waited till Steam had a deal on DoW 2 and got it for 19.99, but I decided to Pre-order the Aion Collectors Edition for the items and paid full price(I don't even really like the game). It looks like the incentive will work on me again with Dragon Age. The games creators are not seeing any money when people buy used games, and they don't make as much profit when people wait for a price drop. I think this is a great idea to get people to pay full price, but only so far as to not ruin the game for people who don't pre-order. I could see this being taken too far and people who don't pre-order getting screwed over with an incomplete game.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Socrates047[/nom]There was sex in the first game? Note to self, got to finish Mass Effect[/citation]
It was good.
Made it worth playing through multiple times.

Go BioWare, you're fucking awesome!

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]fa_q2[/nom]It didn't just have sex... it had LESBIAN sex too. I mean WOW.[/citation]
I don't think I played long enough....Where abouts was this??? The only thing I saw remotely related was the strip club.

G

One quesiton, will it have invasive DRM. I boycotted mass effect over drm. If they do it again, another lost sale from me.

SalieriM

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]I don't think I played long enough....Where abouts was this??? The only thing I saw remotely related was the strip club.[/citation]
Play it with Shepherd as a female ;)

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
The "pre-order" downloads are quite annoying. If they are going to include them, I wish it was the same content from all retailers. Gamestop is quite far away from me, but Game Crazy is close. I prefer to save gas if at all possible and I have to burn at least $5 to go to Gamestop. $5 isn't a lot, I know, but I'll take the $5 savings on a game purchase. Yes, I can just order a game online .. but then to get it the day it comes out, it's another $10. Oh well, for most games, it's not a big deal.. but I do love Mass Effect 2.

I just also recently purchased and am loving Magna Carta 2 (Hyung Tae-Kim is an awesome artist). However they had some downloadable content available the day it came out. I went ahead and downloading it, thinking it'd just be some cool weapon skins, plus it mentioned that it unlocks a couple of in-game movies. I go to try out the weapons and they are so overpowered that it was like just entering a "god-mode" cheat. I un-equipped them, because I enjoy a challenge along with a good story, instead of just feeling like I cheated my way through.. but geez, some downloadable content just makes games trivial. I like DLC that expands a story, adds new skins or costumes, etc. Cosmetic changes, maybe a few gameplay additions, etc. What I don't like is basically downloading a cheat-mode. /shrug

atomdrift

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Looking at the picture, it seems like the game will have sex in it again. Of course, China will censor this out... possibly Germany too?[/citation]
The MPAA in North America are the ones who censor out sex, or even a nipple, while Germany is mature enough to leave that sort of stuff in the games, but censor our the gratuitous violence, instead. Apparently, the MPAA thinks violence is good for our kids and the human body is evil.

amg503

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]How far through is it???[/citation]

You don't have to play as the female Shepard. It's near the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.