croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
The ad for mass effect 2 fires up my sound at max levels. With no 'clicks' required. I suppose that I could use FF and adblock, but it doesn't work so well on flash enabled ads like this.

Can we get this 'feature' disabled? I'm worried for my ear drums.

TheViper

Distinguished

What Mass Effect 2 ad?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Are you from Best of Media? If so, then you know 'what Mass Effect 2 ad'. If not, then it seems that you are just trying to stir the pot.

TheViper

Distinguished
No, I'm refuting your knock on FF and Adblock as a means of reducing the annoyance of flash based ads by pointing out I've not noticed the ad for the above referenced reason.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I think that you missed the relevant point here... The relevant point is, and I will repeat, that BoM is apparently increasing their click count with no user intervention of any sort. Now, I know that BoM is a commercial website, but I have never visited any other website whereby the mere act of opening a web page blasts my eardrums at a volume level above what I have normally set. I have rellies on four continents, we all use some form of IM to keep in contact. So my sound is normally on when my computer comes on. This particular advert is annoying in it's behavior, and it is a behavior that I have never before experienced on ANY web site.

Bottom line is, BoM change this 'new' policy or lose a long time user.