'Mass Effect: Andromeda' Delayed To Early 2017, More Details Coming At EA Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Bleh. I only bought Mass Effect 3 because I was hoping for a satisfying conclusion to the story. Should have known better.

I mean, literally nothing you did in the first two games, or throughout game three, had any impact on the ending! It affected the game play, but every single decision was meaningless. If your character survived through to the end, the only difference was which of four options might be available based on whether you were good or bad.

Save or kill the Krogan, save or kill the council, save or kill the Geth. That's all wonderful, now, do you want to keep the dishwasher or trade that in for what's behind door number 2?

I'm not going through that again.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Bleh. I only bought Mass Effect 3 because I was hoping for a satisfying conclusion to the story. Should have known better.

I mean, literally nothing you did in the first two games, or throughout game three, had any impact on the ending! It affected the game play, but every single decision was meaningless. If your character survived through to the end, the only difference was which of four options might be available based on whether you were good or bad.

Save or kill the Krogan, save or kill the council, save or kill the Geth. That's all wonderful, now, do you want to keep the dishwasher or trade that in for what's behind door number 2?

It`s not about the ending, it`s about the journey .. and all 3 ME games were amazing, i could care less about a little thing at the end.

urishima

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
If anyone still trusts Bioware to not fuck up anything as simple and seemingly automatic as a fart, then they are quite honestly idiots.

HDB

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Halfway part 2 is get so bored. I played almost every RPG on pc. Baldur's gate, planescape T, witcher, Morrowind, Jade empire...... I was so disappointed with the gameplay, so I stopped playing it. take cover, shoot, take cover shoot, take cover shoot. Repetive combat, and no stores.

I really loved to just click on the vendors in Baldurs Gate 2 and read the little stories about the weapons. Amn was incredible, the Copper Coronet, never forget it. Citadel is empty, devoid of emotion.

Same with dragon age Inquisition. Every thing you do in recent Bioware games is scripted. Cutscene, combat, cutscene, combat cutscene. We want you to do this, that is going to happen. It is an interactive movie, not a game.

Of course not available on Steam.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
delayed, good one, I'm a big fan of all 3 Mass Effects but it's being way too long since w e had a new Mass Effects, by the time this comes out many people will forget about it,

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015

I, too, got super frustrated by the end of ME3, so am looking at ME4 with high suspicion ...
Given it's all fucking EA behind Bioware, now, since half-way in ME3, this is going to be a "purchase only if all game reviews are >= 9" thing.

I'm normally not that anal, but fuck, how did they screw us in the past !

wysiwygbill

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
Halfway part 2 is get so bored. I played almost every RPG on pc. Baldur's gate, planescape T, witcher, Morrowind, Jade empire...... I was so disappointed with the gameplay, so I stopped playing it. take cover, shoot, take cover shoot, take cover shoot. Repetive combat, and no stores.
Same here. I loved the first one and the changes they made in inventory and combat in ME2 to make the game simpler for consoles were a letdown. I didn't even get ME3.

legion-71

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Never understood people's issues with the ending, the whole of ME3 was an ending. It's like everyone was expecting to sit down to a three hour movie at the end like some over the top poorly written final fantasy game. As far as I could see pretty much every major decision and choice was wrapped up during gameplay in ME2&3. It boils down to people not liking the hero has no happy ending, as per every americanized thing they have ever seen.

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015

No, sorry, ME3 was a rushed out sequel to ME2, where, unexpectedly, the reapers were able to make it to the galaxy, with no explanation given (ME1 described how they were locked up out of the galaxy, and ME2 described their failed attempt to come back via the collectors). ME3 never described how they were able to make it. It just gave a number of (good) quests, and ended up in an ending that never changed, whatever decision was taken before, which totally contradicted what Bioware had promised for years.

And don't get me started on the role of the illusive man ...

That was where fans got really pissed off. A number of different Shepards with many different decisions, all ending up the same ...
Plus so many plot holes.

Lame, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS