Question Massive and constant ping spikes on wired connection.

Nov 16, 2019
Hey all,

I've been having miserable ping spikes for several months now that I can't see to figure out. If i am just casually using the internet the problem is not noticeable but it makes gaming, my main hobby, absolutely impossible and very frustrating.

After calling my ISP 5 times, the most recent attempt speaking to a 'manager' who was literally asking me to google ping spikes and manually type in URLs of the toms hardware unrelated posts she found over the phone with me, and 5 different 'technicians' who have all told me there's nothing I can do - I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

I've just downloaded WinMTR and it seems that I'm not having any loss at all however the 'Worst' ping results seem to be pretty horrible.

Heres a screenshot of the WinMTRreport:

xQ7JCG8.png

As you can see every single hop the "worst" is terrible. Not sure what this means but I'd like to know if theres any hope at all as I've had this ISP for over a year and just upgraded my service to super high speeds but realistically i just cant deal with these ping spikes.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure you've manually (uninstalled first)installed the latest drivers for your NIC. Speaking of Motherboard, might want to pass on the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

And include the version for Windows 10, if you're indeed on Windows 10.