Massive AT&T Breach Exposes A-Listers' iPad Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goatse security? sounds like they just need to patch that 'security hole', but that's a stretch. lol i win.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Yet another AT&T fail.

...although I'm gonna bet that Goatse wished they hadn't shared that information to 3rd party sites. AT&T will probably drop the legal hammer of doom soon.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Wait... so they're posing as a security firm and exploited a system and shared it with third-parties? Sounds like cyber crime to me or am I completely misreading this?

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
So all they got was an email address from this.

They wrote a script to speed the guessing of the ICC-ID's and to make an auto attempt at getting an email address back from the server. Before the exploit was fixed they 114,000 "email addresses"

No names. No other numbers. Just email addresses. Then they shared the list of email addresses that they had obtained illegally with "others"? So, they should be looking at some serious jail time here if only just for the new "anti-spam" laws that have been passed.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]goatseanalstretch[/nom]goatse security? sounds like they just need to patch that 'security hole', but that's a stretch. lol i win.[/citation]

+10000

G

[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Wait... so they're posing as a security firm and exploited a system and shared it with third-parties? Sounds like cyber crime to me or am I completely misreading this?[/citation]

Yah that's what went through my head initially, if they're a security firm why in the world would they turn around and exploit the security flaw they themselves had discovered. Its like me going into a store through a back door that should have been locked, stealing everything in the store, then later telling the owner "oh by the way I stole things from you".

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]goatseanalstretch[/nom]goatse security? sounds like they just need to patch that 'security hole', but that's a stretch. lol i win.[/citation]

Epic Win.

Sihastru

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
And yet you found a way to turn this into an advert for the iPad, by quoting in the last paragraph a few heavy names from the so called "A-list".

If you got hacked, you're in good company, you're part of an elite group of individuals, you're on the "A-list", no need to be angry at AT&T or Apple for anything. This is a "good" thing. You've just been promoted from a B-grade parasite to an A-grade individual.

Gotta love the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.