Question Massive fps drops and stutters when playing games.

Nov 22, 2016
Specs:
CPU: i9 9900k clocked at 3.60 (base), 4.90 (turbo)
GPU: zotac trinity OC rtx 3080 ti
MOBO: ASUS maximus XI hero (wifi)
RAM: 2x sticks 16GB 3200mhz ddr4 Corsair vengeance
Storage: 1x 500GB internal SATA ssd drive, 1x 1TB hard disk drive, 1x 1TB samsung 970 Evo nvme ssd

For the past two weeks I have been experiencing what I Perceive to be large but random fps drops in most games. For example, I'll be playing battlefield 5 and my framers will go from a stable 100 fps to 20 fps for a half a second and then go back to 100. I have tried many things in an attempt to fix the stuttering, but non have worked so far. I have tried a fresh install of windows, a display driver Uninstaller, playing with NVIDIA control panel settings, standby list cleaners, checking for out of date drivers, checking for windows updates, updating the BIOS, disabling in game overlays, monitoring component temps (all of which were within acceptable ranges).

I'm basically out of ideas and out of things I can try, at least within my knowledge range.
One last thing I should mention is that the stuttering is oddly infrequent. If I play for say 3 hours, that large drop will only occur once or twice over that 3 hour period. It also appears as though my GPU usage drops to between 25%- 0% when this occurs. Cpu usage does not spike at the same time though.
Basically, I got nothing.

TRENDING THREADS