Question Massive FPS drops in every single game.

ewesselow

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
No matter what I'm playing, even games as simple as classic doom or stardew valley all get massive fps drops and they all happen the exact same way, the games run at a smooth 60 and then every 2 minutes the frames start going all over the place dropping to like 3 fps, and when I say 2 minutes I mean 2 minutes because no matter what game I'm playing the drops happen exactly every 2 minutes without fail like they're on a timer or something. Yes I have all my power settings set to maximum performance, I was using my laptop yesterday and every game ran perfectly fine, I tried updating my drivers but that didn't solve the problem.

ewesselow

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
I have no idea, this just started happening randomly, I don't know if it's actually every 2 minutes it just feels like that, all I know is that it definitely feels like it's happening at the after the same amount of time each time.

ewesselow

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
So I've now come to realise that it's only with certain games, Fallout 4 and Spec Ops The Line do it, but Warframe and My Friend Pedro don't, this makes no sense to me.