[SOLVED] Massive issues with GTX 1070 Msi Armor, Tried everything.

Sep 15, 2021
Odd and unplayable peformance in all games, I wouldn't even be TOO mad if it was just lower fps but no, Imagine the game is running at 60 fps but also at 5 fps at the same time, that's the best way I can describe how it feels to play on this card, And it all just happened out of nowhere, I tried checking, temps, memory usage, CPU usage, Ram usage everything is NORMAL and I'm left dumbfounded as to whats causing this PC and card to peform this badly > Specs:

Gtx 1070 msi armor 8gb
i7 6700k
Z170a gaming pro
16gb ddr4
700ww psu
I FAIL to understand what the hell is going on.

Solution
Odd and unplayable peformance in all games, I wouldn't even be TOO mad if it was just lower fps but no, Imagine the game is running at 60 fps but also at 5 fps at the same time, that's the best way I can describe how it feels to play on this card, And it all just happened out of nowhere, I tried checking, temps, memory usage, CPU usage, Ram usage everything is NORMAL and I'm left dumbfounded as to whats causing this PC and card to peform this badly > Specs:

Gtx 1070 msi armor 8gb
i7 6700k
Z170a gaming pro
16gb ddr4
700ww psu
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on...

Gtx 1070 msi armor 8gb
i7 6700k
Z170a gaming pro
16gb ddr4
700ww psu
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Intel Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did before), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available in latest windows update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe system performance first while not gaming and then while gaming.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Overall, I would simply start with a manual download of the GPU drivers then reinstall and reconfigure.

Could simply be a buggy or corrupted driver.