Massive issues with Keyboard on Win 10

Robin_1996

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Hello.
I got a funny thing going with my PC. My daughter pressed some keys on the left side of my Mionix Zibal 60. And for a month, it randomly acts like CTRL is stuck, everything opens in a new tab, everything gets multi-selected. And it doesnt always help restarting either. Sometimes its just vanish after 5 mins.
And sometimes it tabs between multiple tabs and windows. Cant type or use the keyboard during ANY of these problems.

I use Windows 10, never had problems untill now. Got any ideas? Im reallt gonna nuke the PC if I dont find any solution.
I cant try to reinstall Windows 8.1 at the moment either because my USB is long gone.

4790K, GTX 970, Maximus VII Hero, Vengeance Pro 1600MHz, EVGA G2 750W, Samsung SSD Evo 850.

Solution
Most likely a problem beyond just keys being pressed. Could be coincidental with your daughter's "activities" - barring serious internal/physical damage.

Before "nuking" the PC try another keyboard. And try the Mionix on another computer somewhere if at all possible. See if the problem follows the keyboard.

Or if the keyboard came with any propietary software/drivers try downloading and reinstalling that first.

And you can try some "cleaning" on the Mionix: While PC is power-off, turn the keyboard upside down (over some paper towels) and tap gently but firmly with the heel of your hand on the ends and sides. Could knock loose some debris causing the keys to stick.

Ralston18

Titan
Most likely a problem beyond just keys being pressed. Could be coincidental with your daughter's "activities" - barring serious internal/physical damage.

Before "nuking" the PC try another keyboard. And try the Mionix on another computer somewhere if at all possible. See if the problem follows the keyboard.

Or if the keyboard came with any propietary software/drivers try downloading and reinstalling that first.

And you can try some "cleaning" on the Mionix: While PC is power-off, turn the keyboard upside down (over some paper towels) and tap gently but firmly with the heel of your hand on the ends and sides. Could knock loose some debris causing the keys to stick.

Solution
I always slide Post-it paper underneath the keys, sticky side down when I have a problem with crud accumulating underneath the keys. If that's not the problem, then I'd do one of the following in this order:
1) Use System Restore to a point prior to the problem's beginning. Note that this works only if you have enabled System Restore via the System applet of the Control Panel.
2) Open an administrative command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow .
3) Restore from a full system backup you made to an external hard drive.
4) Save your data and restore to factory settings.

Good luck.