Question Massive problem related to internet connection/network/WiFi on my PC.

Aug 14, 2019
Hey. Some time ago I bought a custom-built PC (slightly used). It came without a wireless network adaptor, but I had one from my previous desktop. Or so I thought. The old adaptor (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) seemed to have some issues in the new build. I could no longer connect to our home 5 ghz WiFi and our 2.4 ghz just seemed to behave badly. So I decided to buy a new adaptor (D-Link DWA-582 Wireless AC1200). This improved the connection to the 2.4 ghz, but I still had trouble connecting to the 5 ghz. At the time I just said "screw it" and decided that it was a problem on the routers/modems end. Problem is the 2.4 ghz is behaving weirdly 90% of the time. Doing a ping test to the ip would give results like this: 13ms 15ms 12ms 224ms 15ms 17ms 178ms 13ms. This behaviour makes it horrible to play any online games. Streaming isn't really affected since the connection always catches up. It's just become unbearable at his point... So I did all manner of research related to similar issues on how to fix it. All the cases related to 5 ghz connections is something about PC's being unable to find or see the WiFi. Well my PC has no problem finding it, but it either gets stuck in "checking network requirements" or it says that its unable to connect to the WiFi. I have updated the adaptor drivers both manually and automatically, I've tried rolling back the updates and I've even reinstalled Windows 10. I really don't know what to do. But I KNOW that it's related to my PC and it's not a problem with the WiFi's, because I did a check with tethering on my phone. Tethering via a 2.4 connection had shaky results and tethering via a 5 ghz connection meant my PC was unable to connect. Please help :,(

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS