MASSIVE PROBLEM with Gpu

Voldemars Dzenis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
Hi,
I have a MSI Radeon R9 270x 2G OG Graphics Card. The main problem is that i am not getting any signal from it. My other parts are pretty crappy but i changed the Motherboard but i still get the same problem. Well basically when i plug in the GPU and start the pc, hte gpu is getting warm and the psu(for gpu i use a secondary psu unit) is showing a green light at the voltage. BUT, i tried another gpu and it WORKED! The other gpu is very vrapy so i can't play games on it. I am really scared for the gpu being dead. Any help?
Thank you in advance.

Solution
Well the options are this:

1) Test the GPU in another rig to make sure that problem is it.
2) Use the old GPU while you get money for a new one.

Voldemars Dzenis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

I can't test it couse im the only one in the family who has a DesktopPC. I have a pretty old PSU. It's a Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt

Well, I think that your PSU is enough for the GPU so, the problem should be the GPU...

Voldemars Dzenis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

It isn't the psu. I Ran it with the psu for a month or so and it worked perfectly. Some guys told me that the gpu can rut with even 500watts

Voldemars Dzenis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

It isn't the psu. I Ran it with the psu for a month or so and it worked perfectly. Some guys told me that the gpu can rut with even 500watts

That is what I am saying...the problem IS the GPU.

Voldemars Dzenis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

Oh sh*t! srry. didnt see. So what do you recommend me to do? cuz i aint really gettin a new gpu.

TRENDING THREADS