Question massive stuttering and sometimes black screen

Jun 6, 2019
So in 2018 i build my first PC, and everything was going great. However a few months ago my pc randomly started to stutter, and the screen went black (no signal) when playing games (mostly League of Legends.

It didn't happen very often at first, so i would just shut down my pc by pressing the power button.

Now it also happens in windows when not playing games. The stuttering will occur for 10-20 seconds and sometimes the screen goes black and "no signal" is displayed
I first thought it was my PSU, since it was from the CX lineup, however after changing to a solid seasonic unit nothing happened. I also changed the ram with no luck.

All my temps are good, so it isn't a thermal issue.

Any advice is welcome

My specs:

AMD ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1060 6gb
16 gb Corsair vengeance 3000 LPX
Asrock ab350 mini ITX
Seasonic Focus sgx 650
Kingston SSD 120 gb
Random 2 TB harddrive

Jun 6, 2019
Its the 1060 dual OC from ASUS. I have tried reseating it, nothing changed.

I use DP, however the problem also happens on HDMI or DVI.
I can probably test it next week at my friends house.

thepixie

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
you could always get it all out the case and run it on a box for a bit, re-seat everything, maybe some fresh thermal paste. Then at least you'll be in a state where you know you've done everything before you start spending money on parts.

Amazon have a good returns policy ;) - or get some warehouse items so you could list unwanted parts on ebay perhaps

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You've actually kind of ruled out PSU and RAM and a fresh install of Windows already.

Using different ports/cables and having the same also rules out ports/cable.

It has one 6-pin PCIE power conenctor, right? Have you tried another PCIE power port/cable from the PSU?

I's suggest test it in the other PC and if you get the same results that would mean the graphics card is probably faulty.

Many Kingston-SSD owners are plagued with stuttering...(assuming you've tried a full fresh reinstall to rule out a glitched OS/botched driver? Latest BIOS for mainboard?)

some might advise you borrow/buy another SSD, as your 120 GB is VERY quickly getting too small these days even for just an OS drive anyway...(the 120 GB units are quite a bit slower than 250/500 GB variants as well)

Corsair's 1 TB MX500 is $119...

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jun 6, 2019
i'll try to test the system with another GPU next week, I'll let you know if the problem is still there.
i actually thought about buying a new SSD, so now is maybe the time :))

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
i'll try to test the system with another GPU next week, I'll let you know if the problem is still there.
i actually thought about buying a new SSD, so now is maybe the time :))

Yes Kingston SSDs seem to cause some issues, however, I wasn't aware there is a sort of trend.

If you intend to replace it with a better SSD with larger capacity that would be practically quite easier than testing your card in another system or testing another card in your PC.

You can do that first and if issues persist test the card.

Jun 6, 2019
update
So I just installed a 500 GB 860 evo Samsung SSD, and I installed a fresh win 10 onto it, however the problem still occurs... By rulning out components, the problem has to Come from either My GPU, CPU or mobo.
I can maybe get My hands on a gpu to borrow next week.