[SOLVED] MASSIVE Stuttering in some games. Please Help!

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

I may already know the answer to my question my problem I just want some other opinions on the issue. My guess is I need a new CPU let me know what you think or if there’s any possible solutions thanks!

I recently upgraded my graphics card to an EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 and have incredibly bad stutter on most games, specially Destiny 2 and CoD Warzone - these games will go from 130fps to 70/80fps in a second. I even tried capping the frame rate @ between 70-100 and it still chugs. GTA V seems to be alright. The Division 2 & Witcher 3 stutter a little bit, but playable.

Full System Specs:
MSI z270 M3 Motherboard
i5 7600k @ 4.5Ghz Kabylake
16Gb Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz
EVGA 2070 Super FTW3
970 Evo M.2 Nvme 500Gb boot drive
850 Evo 250Gb
EVGA 600 Watt Bronze
(Waiting on an RMA for my EVGA 650 G1)

Solution
Wouldn’t lowering the clock speed make the bottleneck worse? (Not trying time be a jerk. I’m genuinely asking) I mean I definitely give it shot lol just wondering though.

You never know these days when my computer gets abit funny try everything but if it dose not work then you can bump it back up again anyway was going to suggest an new CPU but motherboard only surrports upto 7 gen and you could try Intel Core i7-7700K but i get some feedback about the cpu with the gpu
Apr 23, 2020
Try downloading DDU wipe all the drivers from the gpu and install them again also make sure GPU is not getting to hot or the cpu!
Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn’t mention this in the original post. Temps are in good shape CPU is sitting @ about 70C under load and the GPU in under 60C (this is the 3 fan EVGA 2070 Super). This I have tried DDU and that didn’t work so I did a fresh windows install and the problem is persisting. Also when running MSI Afterburner, in CoD MW specifically, I’m seeing 40-60% GPU utilization & 80-100% CPU that’s why I’m thinking it’s a CPU bottleneck, but I have found some videos of people running the same CPU & GPU without problems on this game (Warzone and multiplayer) so that’s what confuses me.

Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn’t mention this in the original post. Temps are in good shape CPU is sitting @ about 70C under load and the GPU in under 60C (this is the 3 fan EVGA 2070 Super). This I have tried DDU and that didn’t work so I did a fresh windows install and the problem is persisting. Also when running MSI Afterburner, in CoD MW specifically, I’m seeing 40-60% GPU utilization & 80-100% CPU that’s why I’m thinking it’s a CPU bottleneck, but I have found some videos of people running the same CPU & GPU without problems on this game (Warzone and multiplayer) so that’s what confuses me.

There could be a chance its bottlenecking so I suggest turning your speed back down to 4.20ghz and try it that way!

Wouldn’t lowering the clock speed make the bottleneck worse? (Not trying time be a jerk. I’m genuinely asking) I mean I definitely give it shot lol just wondering though.

You never know these days when my computer gets abit funny try everything but if it dose not work then you can bump it back up again anyway was going to suggest an new CPU but motherboard only surrports upto 7 gen and you could try Intel Core i7-7700K but i get some feedback about the cpu with the gpu

Solution
Apr 23, 2020
Yeah for sure. I’ve looked into that CPU and I’m looking at $300-400, and at that rate I might as well get a Ryzen 3600x I’d only be spending like $60-70 for a current gen CPU. I feel like for that dollar amount that CPU isn’t even worth it. Thank you a ton for your time and input though!

TRENDING THREADS