[SOLVED] Massive stuttering on High End PC.

May 20, 2020
First of all, I don't even know if I can all this "stuttering" or not but I can't seem to find a similar case on the internet.
I don't really know how to explain this myself so I have a video here.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezBk2qRSGnw
As you can see, the game is unplayable for me and I would like to know the cause and fix it if possible.
Any help is appreciate.

Here is my PC Spec:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 24576MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Display Memory: 20341 MB
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming
PSU: Corsair RM850i

""Tried delete the DXcache and still can't fix it""
""Another forum that I posted said that I should change the CPU because FX is old but I don't know if this is the case or not (Noted: This problem only happen on newer games, older games don't have any problem.)""

Last edited:
Solution
Is this behavior happening similarly in other games? What specific other games? An 8350 is a woefully inadequate CPU to be running a modern GPU on -- we're talking a disappointing 2012 platform -- but it should at least be able to perform fine in menus, which makes me think something else is going on.

I might consider a full Windows wipe if you haven't done this lately and I'd take out any RAM that isn't matching to try and isolate the issue -- if you have 24 GB, you almost certainly have a FrankenRAM situation. And what's the exact PSU? A junk PSU might not directly cause this issue, but it could have started to cause damage to other components.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is this behavior happening similarly in other games? What specific other games? An 8350 is a woefully inadequate CPU to be running a modern GPU on -- we're talking a disappointing 2012 platform -- but it should at least be able to perform fine in menus, which makes me think something else is going on.

I might consider a full Windows wipe if you haven't done this lately and I'd take out any RAM that isn't matching to try and isolate the issue -- if you have 24 GB, you almost certainly have a FrankenRAM situation. And what's the exact PSU? A junk PSU might not directly cause this issue, but it could have started to cause damage to other components.

Solution
May 20, 2020

Yes it did, and it seems to only happen with newer games (released between 2019-2020) older games are fine. (Although there are games like Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 that also have simaliar case as well but only on the main menu once I actually load a save and play the problem just go away whereas newer games it won't)
Also my PSU is Corsair RM850i.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020
It seems that I definitely have to change the CPU. So I'm thinking of Ryzen7 3700x will it be enough for this build? Are there anything I have to change as well?