[SOLVED] Massive stuttering

xollextor

Commendable
Jul 28, 2019
I'm having this huge and I really mean a huge issue with stuttering, some games are pretty much unplayable due to this like Battlefield V, Fallout 4 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) (but games like Overwatch or CSGO run pretty smooth and consistent, no stutter at all), I don't know which part of my PC is responsible.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 (4G)
MoBo: Asus PRIME H310M-E R2.0
RAM: HyperX (8x1) 8GB @2666
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm (ST1000DM003-1SB10C)

I noticed that the games that stutter a lot have a high disk and memory usage so I'm beginning to point fingers at them, however I'm not a good computer tech but I assume HDD/SSD have nothing to do with stuttering and they only affect load times in games (maybe like 1-2 fps difference), I also think it may be memory but I don't know really, am I unlucky with one of these components?

My question: which part do you think is responsible? I can post more details if needed.

Solution
Yeah, you have "just enough" memory for a "standard" computer and your are relying on a slow drive for refilling when your RAM fills up. You can always take your pick, RAM vs SSD, for which would provide a substantial performance gain. Of course, if you could afford both, even better!
Yeah, you have "just enough" memory for a "standard" computer and your are relying on a slow drive for refilling when your RAM fills up. You can always take your pick, RAM vs SSD, for which would provide a substantial performance gain. Of course, if you could afford both, even better!

Reactions: xollextor
Solution

xollextor

Commendable
Jul 28, 2019
Yeah I thought maybe 8GBs single channel isn't really enough for BF5 or COD MW, and I also think my HDD is having difficulties keeping up with demanding games,

Well I think it's time for a change, maybe I'll first get a 16gb dual channel 3200mhz and upgrade to an SSD later, I hope it's the hdd/ram and not something else and fix this for good.