Question Massive update failure

ibanezrg82

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
I'm sure many have heard the most recent Windows update was a huge disaster, I had installed it and was getting serious mouse/lag almost lockups whenever I opened the start menu. I rolled it back to the previous version.
Microsoft actually released a statement not to install it
Did anyone have this issue, and does anyone know if it has been fixed?
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which update do you mean? a Cumulative update or a version update? How long did it take to install?

A new version of win 10 came out last week so I am just curious if you mean it or just a normal update that I had been ignoring as they had been causing problems for people.

ibanezrg82

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Which update do you mean? a Cumulative update or a version update? How long did it take to install?

A new version of win 10 came out last week so I am just curious if you mean it or just a normal update that I had been ignoring as they had been causing problems for people.

It was the version update

ibanezrg82

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Now I see you are right.
Fast startup won't let updates install - I have it off so wouldn't have noticed. If you have a ssd as boot device you don't need fast startup on anyway.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...0-update-free-windows-10-update/#624b3d75ae79
Nvidia drivers were problems before 2004 was released so I see no change.

After the update the OS didn't seem to like to open the start menu. Seemed like my PC was micro freezing, heavy mouse stutter when opening.
I had audio jacks randomly turning on and off as well
That's all I could notice anyway