Question Master Cooler H500 cooling

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Hi. New to PC building and have just finnished my first PC build ever.
when i run PUBG i see CPU temp up to 74c and GPU at 69c. I think those numbers are ok but i would like to lower them some.

The Case is a Master Cooler H500 mesh front. 2 x 200mm fans and 1 exhaust 120mm fan rear. Have tried experimenting with 2 x 120mm fans on top as exhaust and inntake and with just one top fan and many other setting but nothing changes.
Any suggestions on what to do with out throwing a lot of cash on it?

The PC is:
Asus ROG STRIX B360-F gaming MB
I7-9700F CPU
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU cooler
Asus RTX 2070 super evo 8gb
Crucial BLS8G4D26BFSBK.8FD 2x8GB
Kingston SA2000M8250G 250GB

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1 top exhaust fan is likely better than 2 of them because with some of the smaller air coolers, the top fan 'in front of it' will pull some cool air away before it can feed the cpu cooler.
The stock fan setup + 1 top exhaust is likely the best setup without breaking the bank.

I9-9700F CPU + Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU cooler
Cpu cooler is a physical limitation. Can't fix that one without purchasing a bigger one.
The 9700F is a little too much for the Hyper TX3.

Asus RTX 2070 super evo 8gb
Remove the power supply shroud if possible. I have the H500P Mesh, and have done it with that model, but I don't know if it's possible for the original version.

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for response. I have tried with both 1 and 2 exhaust fans in the top of the case. In front and on top of the CPU.

I was thinking to get a nother CPU cooler but wasent sure if its worth the money. Been looking at Noctua NH-D14,NH-15 and 15s. The price is about 100USD or under so worth it if i can get the temps lower

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
NH-14 is discontinued, and is probably overpriced in some areas, unless you're looking at one 2nd hand...

NH-D15 is the successor to the original.

NH-D15S is the high compatibility version of the D15, and does it with next to no impact to performance. By high compatibility, I mean:
-shorter overall(160mm), allowing it to fit in a larger variety of cases. The D15 sits at 165mm.
-the heatsink has an asymmetrical design, allowing it to fit a wider range of motherboards. On some mobos, the regular D15 actually blocks the top PCIE x16 slot. Noctua has a compatibility list, so you can look that up.
-the heatsink's underside is raised, allowing for better fitment with tall memory heatspreaders. With the D15, the front fan sits on the ram, and that will raise the cooler's overall height. The height of standard DDR4 memory is 31mm, so every mm over that is how much the front fan would need to be raised.

Can't go wrong with any of them, really.

Sorry i got my CPU mixed up. Its I7-9700 :rolleyes:
It's fine. They're same cpu. The F denotes that an Igpu was not included.

Reactions: KawaTom

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
So i got the Nh-d15 on saturday. Sees to do the Job ok. Got the max CPU down the max to 65c Running PUBG on 1440p 144hz with cosum settings. GPU max's on 70c but have not yet removed the shroud.
On friday with the MC Hyper Tx3 i saw CPU max temp of 77c with the same settings so 13c down is not bad.
Thanks for the help(y)

Reactions: Phaaze88